Before leaving your base, stop by your Airman and Family Readiness Center (A&FRC) for information and support.
- Base brochures.
- Smooth Move Workshop.
- Family Services Loan Closet — provides household items and a variety of small kitchen appliances to PCSing personnel.
- Child Care for PCS Certificate — provides for 20 hours free child care, per child, for members who are within 60 days of a PCS move, compliments of the Air Force Aid Society.
If your sponsor hasn’t contacted you, call your “gaining” command support staff (CSS/orderly room) and request a sponsor be assigned to you.
Log on to the following websites while planning your move to Hawaii:
- Military Installations (installation information): www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil.
- Military OneSource: www.militaryonesource.com.
- Household Goods Shipment: www.afcrossroads.com.
- PCS America: www.pcsamerica.net.
- State of Hawaii Department of Education: www.hawaiipublicschools.org.
- Hawaii Association of Independent Schools: www.hais.org.
- State of Hawaii (Department of Agriculture, Animal Quarantine): www.hdoa.hawaii.gov.
- Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii: www.cochawaii.com.
- It’s Your Move: www.afpc.af.mil/lifeandcareer/relocation.asp.
- City and County of Honolulu Department of Customer Services, Driver’s License and Motor Vehicle Information: www.honolulu.gov/csd.