DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO FORT RILEY
Fort Riley is north of Interstate 70, 125 miles west of Kansas City. It is accessible from I-70 exit 301 at Marshall Army Airfield via Henry Drive.
Directions from Kansas City International Airport (KCI):
Exit the airport area toward Highway 435 south. Take Highway 435 south to I-70 west. I-70 west becomes the Kansas Turnpike. Take the Kansas Turnpike west (the Turnpike has a small fee). Pass exits for Bonner Springs and Lawrence while on the Turnpike. Exit the Kansas Turnpike at Topeka and continue on I-70 west. Take I-70 to exit 301 (Marshall Army Airfield exit) and stay on Henry Drive to Main Post.
Directions from Manhattan Airport:
Soldiers needing transportation from Manhattan Airport should contact the 1st Replacement Company’s staff duty NCO at 785-239-2119. To reach Fort Riley from the Manhattan Airport by automobile, exit the airport and head west on Kansas Highway 18. Enter Fort Riley either at the Ogden Gate or the 12th Street gate.
Arriving from East of Fort Riley:
Please note that Fort Riley is about 2 1/2 hours from Kansas City and about one hour from Topeka. Main roadways are the Kansas Turnpike (there is a small fee for using the Turnpike) and I-70.
Arriving from West of Fort Riley:
Fort Riley is about one hour east of Salina. From Salina, take I-70 east toward Topeka/Kansas City. You will pass exits for Solomon, Abilene, Chapman and Junction City. Continue on I-70 east to exit 301 (Marshall Army Airfield, and stay on Henry Drive to Main Post.
Arriving from Southwest of Fort Riley:
Wichita is about two hours southwest of Fort Riley. Take I-135 north from Wichita. You will pass exits for Newton and McPherson while on I-135 north. Exit onto I-70 east (near Salina). Proceed on I-70 east. You will pass exits for Solomon, Abilene and Chapman. Continue on I-70 east to exit 301 (Marshall Army Airfield) and stay on Henry Drive to Main Post.
Transportation from Kansas City International Airport to Fort Riley is by ground shuttle. Arrange for ground shuttle by calling Roadrunner toll free at 800-747-2524, or through the website at www.kciroadrunner.com. Roadrunner charges for services, so keep the receipt to file for reimbursement.
The YMCA in Junction City offers Operation Wheels, a service for active duty military and their dependents living in Junction City or Fort Riley. Rides are available for those who do not have access to a vehicle or who do not drive. The program will provide four round trips per month to the commissary (if using WIC vouchers), Army Community Service, Irwin Army Community Hospital, Chaplain Services, or doctor or dental appointments in Junction City. Appointments can be made 24 hours in advance by calling the YMCA in Junction City at 785-762-4780. Day care: Armed Services YMCA 785-238-2972.
INFORMATION FROM THE DIRECTORATE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES
Transportation from Kansas City International Airport to Fort Riley is by ground shuttle. Arrange for ground shuttle by calling Roadrunner toll-free at 800-747-2524, or through www.kciroadrunner.com. Roadrunner charges for services, so keep the receipt to file for reimbursement.
CRITICAL INSTALLATION INFORMATION
• The main entrance to Fort Riley is off I-70, exit 301, Marshall Army Airfield.
• Personal weapons are not authorized on this installation without prior registration.
• Cell phone usage is not authorized while operating a motor vehicle on the installation unless using a hands-free device.
QUICK REFERENCE INFORMATION
• Hand carry all important documents. To help your transition go smoother, have all essential documents on hand.
• Base Operator: 785-239-3911 or DSN 312-856-1110.
• For PCSing Soldiers: Transportation from Manhattan Airport is provided by the 1st Replacement Company. Call the Staff Duty NCO at 785-239-2119. 1st Replacement Company also serves as Emergency Operation Center; contact Emergency Operation Center Duty Officer/NCO, Building 580, Custer Hill, 785-239-2222.
• “Operation Wheels”: for those new arrivals without a privately owned vehicle: contact YMCA in Junction City, appointments 24 hours in advance at 785-762-4780. To obtain a military taxi, call 785-239-2636.
• Fort Riley’s Army Community Service: Soldiers with a family member with exceptional needs (medical, educational, gifted, etc.) should contact Fort Riley’s Army Community Service at 785-239-9435.
• ID Card Center/DEERS, Building 212, 785-239-3654.