EMPLOYMENT READINESS PROGRAM
Employment Readiness Program (ERP) serves family members, spouses of relocating DOD civilian employees, active-duty Soldiers and those Soldiers and civilians who are transitioning from government service. ERP provides employment assistance and placement to match the right skill set with the right job. Currently there is a direct correlation between spousal areas of interest for employment and the work force priorities within the Central Flint Hills Region, particularly in the areas of health care and administrative and clerical work. ERP continues to move forward toward its goal of being the premiere headhunter organization for our Family members.
ERP provides the following services:
- Resume assistance.
- Employment information for employees.
- Job fairs.
CIVILIAN PERSONNEL ADVISORY CENTER
The Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) provides commanders, managers and supervisors with quality service and assistance in acquiring, developing and retaining an effective workforce of highly qualified and productive civilians. CPAC also provides the workforce with information regarding civilian personnel programs including Management Employee Relations (MER), Recruitment, Classification and HR Training. CPAC provides assistance with Army civilian employment opportunities. CPAC offers a resume writing and Federal job information course at 1:30 p.m. on the first Thursday of every month at 319 Marshall Ave. Sessions are open to the public, call for a reservation. Military Spouse Preference briefings are also offered, call for an appointment. CPAC is open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and is in Building 319 Marshall Ave. CPOL Homepage: www.cpol.army.mil, Federal Agencies: www.usajobs.gov.
ARMY CAREER AND ALUMNI PROGRAM
The Army Career and Alumni Program (ACAP) provides quality transition assistance to separating Soldiers, DOD civilians, and family members.
ACAP has numerous programs to help potential employees make informed career decisions through benefits counseling and employment assistance. One of those programs is the Transition Assistance Program (TAP). TAP is a 2 1/2 day workshop for separating Soldiers that is focused on translating military duties into a resume that allows potential employers to know the value-addedbenefits of employing Soldiers.
For more information contact ACAP:
• ACAP Homepage: www.acap.army.mil
• Military Spouse Career Center: www.military.com/spouse/career-advancement
AREA CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE
Executive Director 785-263-1770
Clay Center Area
Executive Director 785-632-5674
Council Grove/Morris Area
Executive Director 620-767-5413
Executive Director 785-258-2115
Junction City Area
Manhattan Area Chamber and Visitors and Convention Bureau
Executive Director 785-776-8829
Executive Director 785-562-3101
President & CEO 785-827-9301
Wamego Chamber of Commerce
Executive Director 785-456-3350
OFF-POST RESOURCES FOR EMPLOYMENT
State of Kansas:
Various Jobs in the Central Flint Hills region:
Junction City Daily Union Employment Classifieds:
Manhattan Mercury employment classifieds:
Armed Forces Bank:
QUICK REFERENCE INFORMATION
• Contact the Fort Riley Employment Readiness Program: Call program manager at 785-239-9435 or visit Building 7264 Normandy Drive. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday.
• Contact the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center: CPAC is open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and is in Building 319 Marshall Ave. For more information, call 785-239-6004.
• Contact the Soldier for Life – Transition Assistance Program: Call 785-239-3946 or visit www.sfl-tap.army.mil.
• Veterans Career Development/Disabled Veterans: Junction City Office, 785-587-8257, 785-239-8366 or 785-762-8870.
• Veterans Representative, Manhattan Office, 785-539-5691/5697
• Veterans Employment Representative, Kansas Works, Junction City, 785-762-8870.