Last Updated :


Ft Huachuca In-Processing

Reporting In

Officers should sign the register at the organization to which they have been assigned. Newly assigned enlisted Soldiers should report to the battalion or brigade S-1 of the unit to which they are assigned, during or after duty hours. (Please see “Where to Report for Sign-in” chart.)


Individual Reservists, regardless of rank, will report to the Mobilization and Military/Civilian Support Office in Room B-20 of Building 31122 (Alchesay Barracks) for in-processing on the first duty day after arrival. Pre-arrival coordination with the G-3 Reserve Support Office can be done by calling 520-533-6627 (during duty hours) or 520-533-2291 (after hours). The phone numbers for IHG Army Hotels on Fort Huachuca are: reservations, 877-711-8326, or front desk and reservations, 520-533-5361/2222/5950.

In-processing Services

New arrivals start in-processing at their respective units or activities. Installation in-processing for permanent party Soldiers is held at Murr Community Center, Building 51301, every Wednesday at 7:30 a.m. Services include the processing of personnel records and travel pay. The travel computation personnel of the Defense Military Pay Office handle matters such as permanent change of station travel reimbursement and pay and allotment changes.

Newcomers’ Orientation

A monthly Newcomers’ Orientation for Soldiers, family members and DA civilians is held at Murr Community Center. The orientation includes a tour of the local area. Call Army Community Service at 520-533-2330 for information concerning date and time.


The Housing Services Office, in Building 52065, is open 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays, and can help with off-post housing needs. The phone number is 520-533-3611. All arriving and departing military personnel are required to process through this branch. Personnel arriving after duty hours, on weekends or on holidays should report to IHG Army Hotel, Building 43093, for temporary lodging. They should report to their assigned unit the following day.

Mountain Vista Communities (MVC), the on-post family housing office, is also in Building 52065 on Smith Avenue and is open during normal duty days 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The phone number is 520-515-9000.

Arizona Vehicle Registration

Individuals who place a child in school, purchase property or are employed in Arizona are required to register their vehicles in Arizona. Although nonresident military personnel have the option to register their vehicles in their home state, they may also register their vehicles in Arizona. Soldiers who do so should obtain a nonresident affidavit, which is available at the Military Police Station, by presenting their latest leave and earnings statement (DA Form 3686-1), vehicle registration and bill of sale or contract for resident verification. For vehicle registration, personnel must have proof of ownership, such as a title, if the vehicle has been registered in a title state; a manufacturer’s statement of origin if the vehicle was purchased outside the continental United States; or a notarized bill of sale. In addition to the proof of ownership, the previous registration, if any, must be presented. At the time of registration, a vehicle identification inspection is made. The old license plates will be surrendered upon request. The cost for vehicle resident registration in Arizona is computed from a factory list price, prorated to the year of first registration.

Arizona Driver’s License

The Sierra Vista Regional Service Center for the Motor Vehicle Division of the Arizona Department of Transportation is at 5224 E. Charleston Road in Sierra Vista. The center is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and closed on weekends and all legal holidays. Drivers who establish residency in the state are required to hold an Arizona driver’s license. Military family members who accept employment in the state must also obtain an Arizona driver’s license. The cost for a driver’s license for automobiles is based on your age: 16 through 39 is $25; 40 through 44 is $20; 45 through 49 is $15; and 50 and over is $10. Those who surrender a valid out-of-state license usually need only take an eye examination. Those with an expired license of more than 12 months must take a Class B driver’s test and a written examination. Services available Monday through Friday are vehicle inspection and road tests, arrive before 3 p.m.; written tests, arrive before 4:30 p.m.; CDL written tests and road tests, call for appointment 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday; and motorcycle road tests, 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesday. The minimum age to apply for a learner’s permit is 15 years and 6 months. Those applying for a driver’s license must be at least 16 years old. Minors must have proof of birth and parental signatures. Additional information can be obtained on the Arizona Department of Transportation website or by calling the office at 520-459-3696 or 800-251-5866.

Quick Jump

Military Trusted Businesses
© 2018 - MARCOA Media