The Military Society of Model Railroad Engineers (MSMRRE) welcomes you to the miniature world of the North Star Railroad. The MSMRRE Club operates HO, N, HOn3 and O scale model layouts on Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Room 35 in the basement of Matanuska Hall, Building 7153.
MSMRRE members come from a variety of backgrounds and varied experiences in model railroading; but, all are enthusiastic about railroading and discussing ideas and techniques for personal endeavors as well as the club layouts and what is happening on their favorite railroad, both large and small.
- A growing railroad book library.
- A pool of model and railroad expertise.
- A monthly newsletter.
- Rapport with the Alaska Railroad Corporation.
- Model train swap meets.
- Modules for members to design, build, work and display.
- Annual 10-day model railroad display during Fur Rondy.
The MSMRRE is always looking for new members and welcomes anyone interested in model railroading.
The club meets at 7 p.m. every Tuesday with work sessions at 1 p.m. at Saturday in basement of Matanuska Hall, Bldg. 7153, Room 35, Fighter Drive, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson.