AIRMAN AND FAMILY READINESS CENTER
The Airman and Family Readiness Center, in Bldg. 90213, is open to all military members (to include Guard and Reserve), retirees and DoD civilians, single and married and their families. The center's function is matching individuals and families with the right resources to meet their specific needs. Unit Community Readiness Consultants (CRC) assists members and their families with personalized services that begin with a personal evaluation. CRCs then become a family's link to comprehensive services. Seminars and individual assistance are available for the following: assisting commanders with their responsibility for the health and welfare of the military community and assisting individuals and families adapt to the changes and challenges of military life. Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, closed on government holidays. The main center's phone number is (850) 884-5441 or DSN 850-579-5441. (Emergency after-hours assistance is available through First Sergeants or the Hurlburt Field Command Post.)
The Airman and Family Readiness Center services include helping members and their families get settled into the Hurlburt Community by:
• Linking individuals to resources on- and off-base based on personal needs
• Career coaching for spouses
• Helping members and their families find volunteer opportunities
• Assisting with personal financial planning and budgeting
• Providing emergency financial assistance in the form of no-interest loans or grants from Air Force Aid Society
• Providing relationship skills building for singles, married members and parents
• Creating an individual and/or family plan suitable to the military member's anticipated deployment schedule and to cope with hurricanes or other natural/ man made threats day-to-day; the center can assist in coping with work-life challenges as they occur as well as providing a link to educational information on a variety of subjects to include:
• Planning for major life events, engagement, marriage, having children, divorce or retirement
• Assisting members in maintaining deployment and readiness plans
• Educating members on financial issues such as purchasing a car or home and using credit smartly; and information and skills building for personal financial management ranging from basic budgeting to building an investment plan
• Emergency financial assistance in the form of no-interest loans or grants from Air Force Aid Society
• Linking individuals to information, resources and programs when planning for a permanent change of station
• Assisting members who are about to retire or separate from the Air Force
FAMILY SERVICES PROGRAM
Located in the Airman and Family Readiness Center, this volunteer-managed program offers extra assistance to relocating families. The Loan Closet offers baby items, small kitchen appliances, dishes, silverware, irons, ironing boards, tables, chairs and futons for short-term use (no linens available). The hours of operation are from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Volunteers are always needed. For information, call (850) 884-6201.
The Airman's Attic provides a free service to Airmen (E-6 and below) in need of items such as furniture, uniforms, kitchen appliances/household goods, maternity clothes, children's clothing (up to size six), cribs and infant items. Hours of operation are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information, call (850) 884-7769.
The Loan Closet is located at the Airman and Family Readiness Center and is operated by Family Services volunteers. Items available for loan include folding mattresses, ironing boards, cribs, booster seats, tables, chairs, pots, pans, some kitchen appliances, etc. Items are provided to active duty, family members and retirees for a determined period of time. Hours are Monday-Friday, from 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. For more information, call (850) 884-6201.
The Thrift Shop is open to all ranks and carries items such as clothing, furniture, appliances and household goods. All proceeds benefit the local military community. Hours are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.; and the first and third Saturday of each month, 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information, call (850) 884-3098.
AIRMAN AND FAMILY READINESS CENTER