Seymour Johnson Air Force Base is in Goldsboro, North Carolina, on Highway 70, 50 miles east of Raleigh. Take Highway 70 bypass to the Berkeley Boulevard exit and follow Berkeley straight to the Berkeley gate. The visitor center is on the right, just prior to the Berkeley gate.
For those arriving by air, the nearest airport is in Kinston, 28 miles east of the base. Raleigh-Durham International Airport is about 70 miles west of the base. Commercial transportation from both terminals is available.
Southern Pines Inn
1235 Wright Brothers Ave.
- Non-smoking facility (smoking is permitted in designated areas only)
- Check-in time is after 2 p.m.
- Check-out time is no later than 11 a.m.
- Oversized vehicles (U-Hauls, trailers, RVs, etc.) are not permitted in the parking lots. The front desk will assist guests with authorized parking areas.
- Pet-friendly rooms are available upon request.
- Priority-1 reservation policy: Reservations are taken
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all guests on official duty to Seymour Johnson. Please show verification of orders upon check-in.
- Space-A reservation policy: Reservations are open 24/7. Reservations are based on first-come, first-served depending on Priority-1 lodging occupancy.
Services and Amenities
(guest accommodations only):
- Free local calls
- 24-hour fax service
- 24-hour copy service
- 24-hour wake-up and messaging service
- 24-hour sundry sales
- Free coffee and hot chocolate
- Meeting room
- Free self-serve laundry facilities
- Baggage storage
- Elevators (limited to certain buildings)
- Handicap room availability
- High-speed internet access/Wi-Fi access
- Free in-room toiletries provided (limited)
- Cribs, highchairs, pack-n-plays and roll-aways (limited to availability and room types)
- Pet-friendly availability
The Southern Pines Inn lodging facility has five buildings with 161 rooms total. Our accommodations include TLF suites, single rooms, shared rooms and DV suites. All reservations are based on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are a Priority-1 guest, please make reservations as soon as possible. All Space-A reservations are based upon facility policies and lodging occupancy. Our lodging front desk staff is here 24/7 for guest services. Please give us a call for any information. For reservations or lodging information, please call 919-722-0385.
Military Personnel Section
1600 Wright Brothers Ave.
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Federal holidays and Down Days closed
Newly assigned members arriving to Seymour Johnson Air Force Base during normal duty-hours are required to report to the Military Personnel Section. Airmen arriving after normal duty-hours should go to the lodging office, where they can contact their sponsor and arrange for temporary quarters.
Visitor Control Center
1050 Wright Brothers Ave.
Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday, Federal Holidays, Down Days closed
Military members and their families may operate vehicles in this state using their home state’s operator’s license and plates, or they can register their vehicles here and get a North Carolina license and plates. Individuals that wish to bring on guests that have a valid military ID and sponsorship privileges do not require a visitors pass between the hours of 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. These guest must be escorted at all times, and must depart the installation by 10 p.m. hours.
1980 Jabara Ave.
Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Base motorcyclists must attend a motorcycle safety class. Individual units are responsible for providing local driving conditions, traffic hazards and driving laws.
1010 Vermont Garrison Road
Monday though Sunday 24 hours
All privately owned firearms kept on base must be registered with security forces. Members living in base housing can store their firearms in their family quarters. Members living in the dorms must store their firearms in the security forces armory. Although it is not mandatory, those residing off base are encouraged to register their firearms.