1. Information
  2. Check-in Procedures

Check-in Procedures

Last Updated :


Bellevue Gate, Offut Air Force Base


Travel Planning

Travel Planning Temporary Lodging - Call and make reservations for temporary lodging as early as possible. (402-294-3671 or DSN 312-271-3671). Offutt has a fair amount of lodging choices, but all are heavily used, especially during the summer months. There are four family units designated for pets, but those are in high demand also. It's a good idea to make reservations at area kennels for your pets.

Inprocessing Procedures

Report to your unit and they will get you to your servicing personnel office. You will be scheduled for Right Start, the half-day newcomers briefing by direct e-mail.

If you arrive after normal duty hours, report to the Offutt Inns Reception Office in the Malmstrom Inn, 906 SAC Blvd.

What to do if you Get Married Enroute

If you get married before you PCS, you must inform your commander and follow the procedures exactly as you are given them. The military will not pay for travel and housing of your spouse if you do not follow proper procedures.

Motor Vehicles

Registration and licensing requirements

State laws vary when it comes to motor vehicle insurance requirements, licensing and registration. The term vehicle generally includes automobiles, motorcycles, vans, trailers and boats regularly parked or garaged overnight. Service members and their families will want to understand their state’s laws on registration and licensing before moving to a new state. Visit the Motor Vehicle Services page for links to state-specific websites.

Motor vehicle laws

State and local laws regulate the operation of motor vehicles, and these laws can vary by location. Many states regulate the following:

  • Seatbelt use
  • Child safety seats
  • Motorcycle operation
  • The use of cellphones and other digital devices while driving

Learn more about motor vehicle laws in your state at the State Laws page.

Installation Specific Information

Registration & Licensing Requirements

Nebraska State law requires you to have sufficient liability insurance and a valid driver’s license in order to operate a vehicle. The term “vehicle” generally includes automobiles, motorcycles, vans, trailers and boats regularly parked or garaged overnight. Further, your vehicle must be properly registered. Even though you are in the Military, you may be required to register your vehicle in-state and obtain an in-state license within a few months of moving. Access complete information on insurance, driver’s licensing, and where and how to register your vehicle by visiting the State Department of Motor Vehicles website.

State Laws

You and your passengers must always wear seatbelts while driving, you will be ticketed and issued heavy fines if seatbelts are not secured. State law requires that all children under 5 years of age be properly restrained in child seats. Some states also require younger, smaller children to sit in the back seat.

Motorcycles and their operators are subject to special laws. If you own and operate a motorcycle, you must comply with those laws. Visit the State Department of Motor Vehicles website for more information.Many States and local jurisdictions have strict laws about the use of cell phones and other digital devices while driving. Research these laws on the State Department of Motor Vehicles website. Tickets will be issued and fines assessed for violating these laws. Play it safe and always use a “hands free” device if you must use a cell phone or other PDA while driving. Hands-free devices must be used while operating a motor vehicle on ALL military installations worldwide.

Registering Vehicles on Base

There is no requirement for registering vehicles on Offutt Air Force Base. Every driver coming through the gate must show a valid ID card and be prepared to show proof of registration and proof of insurance upon request.

Base Regulations

ID Cards -- Military and Civilian ID: Personnel should report to the Military Personnel Section Customer Service Office to obtain military and civilian ID cards.

Safety Requirements -- Seatbelt use is mandatory for drivers and passengers of all vehicles operated on or off base. Pedestrians in crosswalk have the right of way; however, they should not step into crosswalks in the path of approaching vehicles when such action would require emergency braking on the part of the vehicle operator. Pedestrians must consider surface road conditions prior to entering crosswalk.

Weapons registration -- Military and family members living in government housing are required to register their firearms with the 55th Security Forces Squadron. This may be done at the pass and identification section.


© 2020 - MARCOA Media