CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER
The Child Development Center is staffed with well-trained, dedicated and caring professionals who provide outstanding developmental and educational programs in a safe and nurturing environment. The CDC program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and certified by the Department of Defense. In addition, Great Falls Public Schools provides a speech therapist during the school year for all military children. The CDCoffers full-day and hourly child care services for the following age groups:
- Newborns, 6 weeks to 12 months old.
- Pre-toddlers, 1 to 2 years old.
- Toddlers, 2 to 3 years old.
- Preschool, 3 to 5 years old.
- Part-day enrichment, 3 to 5 years old (offered only during the school year).
The CDC, in conjunction with the Airman and Family Readiness Center and Air Force Aid Society, offers the Give Parents a Break program once a month. The GPAB program provides free child care to qualified parents needing a break from parenting, especially those families with a deployed or TDY parent. Call the CDC for more information at 406-731-2417, or stop by Building 4100. Log on to http://militarychildcare.com for space availability.
FAMILY CHILD CARE
Family Child Care provides parents an alternative to center-based child care by offering full-time, hourly, evening and weekend care. Care is provided in home environments that are safe, nurturing and supportive. Care is offered for families with children 2 weeks to 12 years old. Requests for care can be made at http://militarychildcare.com. FCC also offers extended duty care; pre-deployment, deployment and return home care; subsidy, supplemental and home community care; missile care; emergency medical, wounded warrior and child care for fallen warriors; and PCS care. Please contact the FCC office to see if you might qualify for any of these additional programs.
All individuals caring for other families’ children more than 10 hours a week on a regular basis must be certified through the Malmstrom FCC office. Contact the FCC office at 406-731-2116 for more information on how to become a provider. You can also get additional information at www.341fss.com. FCC is in Building 4000.
MALMSTROM YOUTH PROGRAMS
Participants in Malmstrom’s Youth Programs have access to high-quality, developmentally appropriate programs, resources and materials in the following areas:
- Character and Leadership Development: Air Force Youth of the Year, Keystone and Torch clubs, Congressional Awards Program, Air Force Aviation Camp and more.
- Education and Career Development: Youth employment skills, computer labs, community service projects and piano classes.
- Health and Life Skills: 4-H, baby-sitter’s course, home-alone training, cooking and daily activities.
- The Arts: Fine arts contest, photography contest, daily activities, field trips.
- Youth Sports, Fitness and Recreation: Indoor soccer, co-recreational basketball, Little League T-ball, softball, baseball, and start-smart soccer; baseball and basketball for ages 3 to 5 years old.
- School Age: Programs are safe, supervised and age-appropriate. They are available before and after school, on school holidays and during summer day camp. Breakfast, lunch, snacks and transportation are provided to and from several elementary schools in close proximity to the base. The programs are certified by DOD and accredited by the Council on Accreditation.
Log on to http://militarychildcare.com for space availability.
Visit the recreation room complete with a TV, Wii, dance machine, game carousel, Wi-Fi and more. There are daily, weekly and monthly programs such as teen and tween nights, theater programs and more. For more information, call Youth Programs at 406-731-4634, stop by Building 1145 or visit www.341fss.com.