The Dental Board of California website, www.dbc.ca.gov, is a useful place to start in finding a dentist with its license verification lists. Select “License Search” from the home page to find or verify a dentist or dental assistant. You can also seek referrals from people you know who’ve had dental care in the area.
Consider the following to find the best dentist for your needs.
- Are the office hours convenient for your schedule?
- Is the dental office close to your home or office?
- How are dental emergencies handled?
- Does the office appear to be clean and well-organized?
- Is the staff helpful and friendly?
- What are the financial policies and how is insurance handled?
A good relationship with your dentist is essential to good oral health care, so take your time and choose one you and your family feel comfortable with.
The California Dental Association can give you tips for oral health and low-cost dental care. Visit its website at www.cda.org.