Hickam Communities LLC is Lend Lease’s Air Force housing privatization project at Hickam on Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam. The Hickam Communities property management office is at 211 Mercury St., and the Hickam Communities leasing office is at 200 Kokomalei St. on Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam. For more information, call 888-329-4758.
Just minutes from Waikiki, shopping, ocean sports and recreation, Hickam Communities offers exclusive coastal living within a gated community. When you choose to live at Hickam Communities, you choose a place where your family, your community and your satisfaction are top priorities.
At Hickam Communities:
- You receive free 24-hour maintenance for your home.
- You receive free lawn service for your front and side yards.
- Your pets are welcome (up to two).
- Your home is part of the Air Force community.
- You live in a gated community.
- Property management staff work full time within your community.
- Utility allotment is included in BAH.
- You are within walking distance of work, dining, shopping and beach recreation.
- You and your family will be considered part of the Hickam Communities’ “ohana” (family).
If you decide to rent off base:
- You may pay out of pocket for plumbing, electrical and other maintenance work.
- You will likely pay for utilities out of pocket — typically $200 to $300 a month or more.
- Common area maintenance fees for condominiums are typically $200 to $500 a month or more.
- You mow and care for your lawn or pay out of pocket.
- Only a small percentage of Hawaii rental homes or apartments allow pets.
- Your daily commute to and from Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam may be up to 90 minutes.
- You may not have an on-location property management staff.
- Off-base rents can be significantly higher than BAH payments.
The resident community center is a home away from home. You can enjoy special events, a modern fitness facility, family movie nights, arts and crafts and self-improvement classes, or simply gather and relax with your family and friends.
Hickam Communities represents the finest of Air Force community living. New Hickam Communities homes are 20 to 40 percent larger than many of the existing homes Hickam families have been living in for decades and feature energy-efficient designs and appliances as well as modern floor plans and amenities, including computer-ready access.
In addition, Hickam has one of the largest contiguous historic community restoration projects in the nation, and renovated historic museum homes are available for rent. Other historic homes are being renovated with environmentally sustainable technologies, and many will have expanded floor areas, and layout and livability improvements.
Families can enjoy amenities that include a new recreational complex, a skateboard park and spray park, tot lots and a dog park. Two community centers host dozens of activities and special events for residents of all ages, and they feature fitness centers, multipurpose rooms, accessibility to computers and the internet, free to Hickam Communities families.
Come experience tropical coastal living in a home nestled comfortably in open, secure, well-maintained communities, only minutes from an on-base beach.
To apply for housing at Hickam Communities, call 888-329-4758 or go to www.hickamcommunities.com.