The Andersen Airman and Family Readiness Center takes care of the family prior to a deployment and upon the sponsor's return with the following support:
- Hearts Apart, for military, DoD civilians and family members who are, will be, or have been separated due to military commitments (deployments, TDYs, remote tours). Services offered include on-base and off-base resource information, personal support and group activities.
- Military, civilian, and family members are welcome to come to the Airman and Family Readiness Center and use e-mail to correspond with immediate family or sponsors during periods of separation.
- Family members of military and DAF civilians are permitted to make morale calls from home to their sponsors during deployments and TDYs lasting at least 30 days, or during unaccompanied remote overseas tours. 36th Communications Squadron sponsors this service. Call your first sergeant for more information about this service. Remote tour families can register for morale calls through the Hearts Apart coordinators at the Airman and Family Readiness Center.
- Air Force families undergoing stressful times may be referred by first sergeants or a base "helping" agency to take their children (12 and under) to the Child Development Center for a 5-hour "Give Parents A Break". Sponsored by Air Force Aid Society.
- Spouses of Air Force members deployed over 30 days or on overseas remote tours may receive a certificate for a free oil change and safety check at AAFES Service Stations for their primary vehicle. Call your Airman and Family Readiness Center for details. Sponsored by Air Force Aid Society.
- Pre-deployment and Redeployment (Reunion) briefs are conducted every Tuesday and Thursday. Redeployment/Reunion briefs are from 9:00 - 9:30 a.m, and Pre-deployment briefs are from 9:30 - 10:30 a,m. You must call the Airman and Family Readiness Center to register. The briefs provide great tips in coping with deployment, pre-deployment checklist, emotional cycles of deployment and more. In addition, a list of support groups are provided for those with family on island and off island.