Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (Permanent Party) Office is located at Building 8401, telephone 804-734-3977. For information regarding Bldgs 8402/8133 dial 804-734-3207/3977; for Bldgs. 8401/8150/8408 dial 804-734-6156/3977. Hours are 0800 to 1700 Monday –Friday.
All single permanent party Service Members E5 and below must reside in the Barracks.
All military personnel reporting to Fort Lee are required to report to the Housing Services Office for inprocessing. Personnel on Permissive TDY must provide their leave form for validation on the first day of arrival. Failure to do this could result in leave being charged to the Service Member.
HSO is designed to assist Service Members, Retirees, and Civilians looking for a place to call home or needing relocation assistance. If you are inbound to Fort Lee, your point of contact for any questions you may have concerning housing in the local area is HSO. For those leaving Fort Lee, HSO can also assist you with information about your next duty station and the availability of housing as well as other support functions at your new location.
The HSO staff keeps abreast of local market conditions and landlord-tenant laws.
The HSO vision is to:
Provide an Array of Quality Services for a Global Community of Customers
HSO Services Include:
• Guidance and assistance to all incoming and departing personnel
• Assisting customers with all housing needs.
• Permissive TDY Stamp
• Resources in the form of computer support, telephone, fax
• Listing of available units for rent/purchase
• Maps and guidebooks
• Information on local schools, colleges, and points of interest
• Information on the military Utilities Deposit Wavier Program
• Serve as a liaison between tenant and landlord to resolve disagreements