Save your hard-earned dollars by shopping for groceries at the commissary. Located at 851 Sumner Road, the commissary offers a bakery, party cakes, a deli, fresh sandwiches to go, plants, rotisserie chicken and sushi. For more information, call 717-961-5730, ext. 3499 or go to www.commissaries.com.
Dining on the Installation
Hungry or thirsty? Carlisle Barracks features the following eateries. For more information on menus and hours of operation, visit www.carlislemwr.com and choose from selections under the “Food & Beverage” tab or visit www.shopmyexchange.com for information on exchange restaurants.
- 19th Hole Snack Bar, Building 901 (golf course), 717-245-3267.
- Cafe Cumberland, 950 Soldiers Drive, 717-245-3377.
- Joint Deli, Building 122 (Root Hall), 717-245-4329.
- Pershing Tavern, 313 Lovell Ave. (Letort View Community Center), 717-245-4450.
- Strike Zone Pizza, 686 Letort Lane (bowling center), 717-245-3027.
- Subway, Building 844 (exchange), 717-218-1076.
- Tiki Bar, 313 Lovell Ave. (next to Splash Zone pool), 717-245-4329.
Carlisle Barrack’s exchange, in Building 844 on Sumner Road, wants to be your first choice for shopping. It offers a price-match program that guarantees the lowest prices in town. The main exchange stocks shoes, clothing, electronics, music, health and beauty items, jewelry and watches, toys, outdoor living items and a small assortment of military clothing items. The exchange offers a shuttle program for any items that are not carried at the main store. Call 717-243-2463 or visit www.shopmyexchange.com for more information.