ID Cards and DEERS

Last Updated :


Note: Sponsor has to be present for all DEERS transactions unless a valid power of attorney (POA) is presented.

The Fort Carson Identification Card Section is located in building 1039 off Wallace Street. For new marriages, the marriage certificate along with a valid state or federal photo ID and Social Security card are required for new spouses. Child enrollments require original or certified copy of birth certificate or live birth record along with child’s Social Security card, if one has been issued. Military and civilian employees are issued their common access card at the same location. Operating hours are Monday-Wednesday and Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The office is closed for all federal holidays and is open on training holidays, but with limited staffing.

All military Family members of active-duty, retired or deceased Soldiers must be enrolled in the Defense Eligibility Enrollment Reporting System prior to receiving nonemergency medical care. For more information, call 526-3704.

The Fort Carson ID Card Section offers customers the ability to make appointments for services through a web-based system. Walk-in service is always available, but an appointment may be desirable for those who have time constraints and want service provided as quickly as possible. The appointment system may be used to schedule issuance and renewal of ID cards as well as DEERS updates. To use the appointment system, visit


© 2019 - MARCOA Media