SMITH LAKE RECREATION AREA
Location: Bldg. Q-2812, Smith Lake Rd.
Phone Office: 396-5979
Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday 0800-1700
Tuesday – Wednesday Closed
Note: Fees are charged for entrance.
Pavilions are available for unit or organizations to reserve for large groups. Call the office for info on fee or visit the website above.
ARMY TRAVEL CAMPGROUND
Location: Smith Lake
Open year round; daily; 24 hour access.
Authorized Patrons: DoD ID Cardholders and their guests
- Bath houses with individual bath rooms
- Sewage dump station, complimentary for registered campground guests
- Complimentary ice for campground guests
- Coin operated washers and dryers
- Fishing on the north side of the lake; Fort Bragg and NC fishing permit required, no motorized watercraft
- Mountain bike and hiking trails; Bike rentals available
- Park and picnic areas with ADA playgrounds, volleyball and basketball courts (fees may apply)
- Seasonal lake front operation; Swimming, paddle boat/canoe rental (fees apply)
- At this time, we don’t offer WiFi or cable; we apologize for the inconvenience
- Primitive Tent Camping
- RV Sites
- Small Primitive Log Cabins
- Large Log Cabins
Small and Large Cabin Information
- Our small cabins sleep up to 4 and are equipped with 1 double bed, 1 set of bunk beds, a small fridge and microwave, a table and 4 chairs.
- Our large cabins sleep up to 8 and feature 2 bedrooms (1 double bed, 1 set of bunk beds), a loft (futon sleeper), a living area (futon sleeper), a full size bathroom and kitchenette with a table and 4 chairs (a minimum 2 night stay is required).
- All cabins are air-conditioned/heated. Smoking is not permitted in the cabins. Must bring own sheets, blankets, pillows and towels.
- No pets are allowed. Violators will be asked to remove the pet immediately, and an additional $100 fee will be charged.
MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAILS
Location: Smith Lake Boundary Road
Daily sun up to sun down
Authorized patrons: Open to general public
Services Provided: Rider registration required with fee payable at Smith Lake Recreation Area Office. Trail consists of three trail loops: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. Trail map and riding rules are posted at the trail head. All Fort Bragg regulations and laws apply in this area and are enforced by Military Police and Game Wardens.
PARK/BEACH NOTICE: DUE TO SUSTAINED DAMAGE FROM HURRICANE MATTHEW, SMITH LAKE BEACH WAS CLOSED FOR 2017.
CALL OR VISIT THEIR WEBSITE FOR UPDATES.
Opens Memorial Day Weekend/closes Labor Day
Monday – Wednesday Closed
Thursday – Sunday 1100-1800
Pavilions are available for unit or organizations to reserve for large groups. Call the office for info on fees.
PARKS ON FORT BRAGG/POPE AAF
Location: Butner Road, McFayden Pond
Services Provided: Wilson Park is open to the public and does not require a reservation for use. First come first serve! Families may have picnics and use the playground. Rules are posted at the park. Bathrooms are available and maintained by Smith Lake.
Location: Pope AAF
Call for reservations and more info.
Services Provided: Woodland Park is the largest on Pope Army Air Field, perfect for units, squadrons, FRG functions of 1500+ guests. This park provides ample parking and is accessible off of Armistead Street.
Woodland Park offers many amenities such as Pavilions with BBQ grills, water and electricity supply, sand volleyball court, horseshoe pit and brand-new Americans’ With Disability Act (ADA) compliant playground area.
Flightline Park: If you enjoy watching airplanes land and takeoff then this park is for you. Tucked away in the back of Pope Army Air Field near Manchester gate this is the perfect place to hold small and medium events. This medium size park has six Pavilions with BBQ grills, electricity, a new Americans’ With Disability Act (ADA) compliant playground area and a newly constructed parking area.
CLAY TARGET CENTER
Location: 651 E. Manchester Rd. (Highway 87 North to Manchester Road, turn right and continue ½ mile to sign.)
Monday – Thursday Closed
Friday – Sunday 1000-1800
- 12 competition level skeet fields
- Voice release system for trap
- 6 fields overlaid with trap
- Instruction free for members, fee is charged for non-members.
- Snack bar and pro shop on site
- Lighted ranges
- Shotguns available to rent
- Outdoor pavilion (equipped with PA system)
- 26 partial service RV sites
- $20.00 per night for full RV hookup
- Reservations accepted 30-60 days out only for shooting events
FORT FISHER AIR FORCE RECREATION AREA
Location: Kure Beach, NC
Services Provided: Recreational area near Wilmington for active or retired military personnel, DoD civilians, and their families. Offers cottages, mobile homes, rooms, RV camp for daily or weekly rental. Has a restaurant, gift shop, convenience store, recreation hall, outdoor swimming pool, public beach access, and much more. Call for rates and more information.
RECREATION EQUIPMENT CHECKOUT CENTER
Location: Bldg. Q-5144, Smith Lake Road
Phone 396-7060 or 643-8421
Summer Schedule (April 1- Sept. 30)
Winter Schedule (Oct. 1-March 31)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday 0800-1700
Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday Closed
Services Provided: Recreation Equipment Checkout has an extensive list of equipment available for a variety of activities and needs.
- Canoes & kayaks
- Moon bouncers
- Climbing wall
- Picnic & party equipment
- Canopy tents
- Tables & chairs
- Grills & super cookers
- Dunk tank
- Lawn and garden equipment
Also offers unit safety briefings. Propane is available for sale.
CLELAND SKATING RINK/SKATE BOARD PARK
CLELAND ICE RINK
Location: Bldg. 3-1606, Reilly Road (north of Longstreet)
Hours vary, please call
(Times may vary depending on activities being sponsored)
- Open to the public
- Public ice skating lessons
- Learn to skate
- Adult/youth hockey leagues
- Open Hockey
- Private Ice Rental
- Skate sharpening services
- Birthday parties
CLELAND IN-LINE SKATING RINK/SKATEBOARD PARK
Location: Bldg. 3-1606, Reilly Road (north of Longstreet)
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED.
BMX BIKES ARE NOT ALLOWED.
USE OF SKATEPARK FACILITY IS AT YOUR OWN RISK; SKATING SESSIONS ARE UNSUPERVISED.