The TRICARE Prime options include TRICARE Prime and TRICARE Prime Remote for stateside and TRICARE Prime Overseas and TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas for overseas. Follow these simple steps to set-up Prime coverage in your new location without a break in coverage.
- Do not disenroll from your TRICARE Prime option before you move.
- Call your losing contractor and provide information about your upcoming move; new duty station, expected date of arrival, cell phone number, valid email address, and eligible family members moving to the new location.
- Your losing contractor passes the information along to your new contractor.
- Within five days of your anticipated arrival, your new contractor will try to call/contact you to confirm your arrival and enrollment choices.
- Once you agree to the transfer, the process is complete. It could take up to four days, but you never lose TRICARE Prime/Prime Remote coverage.