Registration & Licensing Requirements

Last Updated :

Chief Warrant Officer 3 Steven Drakes, from the 1st Armored Division G-4, reviews a motorcycle safety inspection list with a Soldier-rider on East Fort Bliss. Fort Bliss, Texas.


Texas State law requires you to have sufficient liability insurance and a valid driver’s license in order to operate a vehicle. The term “vehicle” generally includes automobiles, motorcycles, vans, trailers and boats regularly parked or garaged overnight. Further, your vehicle must be properly registered. Even though you are in the Military, you may be required to register your vehicle in-state and obtain an in-state license within a few months of moving. Access complete information on insurance, driver’s licensing, and where and how to register your vehicle by visiting the State Department of Motor Vehicles website.



© 2019 - MARCOA Media