Check-in Procedures

Check-in Procedures

Documents to hand carry

Insure you hand carry your important documents, such as: marriage certificate, PCS orders, household good inventories, birth certificates, school records, children’s shot records and anything you do not want lost or destroyed.



Upon notification of your pending assignment to Mountain Home AFB, you should have been assigned a sponsor from your new unit. If you don’t have a sponsor and need one, call the INTRO office at 208-828-6450.


Reporting procedures

If you arrive at Mountain Home by commercial limousine, you should call your sponsor from the Visitor Center, at the main gate. Your sponsor or unit representative will arrange transportation onto the base or the base taxi can be reached at 208-828-2215. If you arrive by taxi, present your military ID card to the main gate guard and the taxi will be allowed on base to take you to the Military Personnel Flight, Bldg 512, or lodging during non-duty hours, Bldg 2604.

Military Personnel Section (MPS)

Inprocessing sign-in takes place Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm in the Military Personnel Section, Blg 512, second floor, suite 302. Your sponsor can be a valuable help to you during your inprocessing and should be the first person you contact when you arrive here. Your sponsor will be able to answer many of your questions about the base and the local community, as well as inprocessing. All of your processing and mandatory appointments will be scheduled for you through Customer Service. In most cases, your base orientation and training program will be completed within 15 workdays after your arrival.

Getting signed in for inprocessing takes place in the Military Personnel Flight (MPF), Bldg 512, suite 302. The MPF customer service section is the focal point for personnel information and serves as an initial point of contact between you and other MPF offices. The customer service staff can also provide information and/or assistance with applications for humanitarian reassignment/deferment, permissive reassignment, application for separation, assignment preferences, as well as ID card applications and other personnel-related services.

If you arrive after duty hours or on the weekend, report to the Sagebrush Hotel for temporary housing and more detailed information on what to do.


Travel planning

Temporary Lodging Reservations

As soon as you know your arrival date at your new installation contact their lodging facility to make reservations, summer time is usually very busy so the sooner you make the reservation the better chance of getting lodging on the base.


Marriage enroute?

If you get married before you PCS, you mustinform your commander and follow the procedures exactly as you are given them. The military will not pay for travel and housing of your spouse if you do not follow proper procedures.

Related Posts
Offutt AFB Housing: On-Base OptionsOffutt AFB Housing: On-Base Options
Introduction Welcome to Offutt Air Force Base (AFB)! Moving is a big chore and one that occurs all…
MCAS Yuma Housing: On-Base OptionsMCAS Yuma Housing: On-Base Options
Introduction Welcome to MCAS Yuma located in Yuma, Arizona! MCAS Yuma is located about 175 miles east of…
MCAS Yuma Schools: Daycare - High SchoolMCAS Yuma Schools: Daycare - High School
Introduction Moving to a new duty station has its challenges. You have to find a place to live,…