Personal financial management program
The Moody Airman and Family Readiness Center has a Personal Financial Management Program Manager ready to assist you with all your personal financial planning needs. Individual appointments are available.Financial classes are mandatory for First Term Airman and SrA who PCS to Moody.
Air force aid society
Air Force Aid Society is available to members for emergency financial situations. Air Force Aid is also located at the Airman and Family Readiness Center.
The Moody Finance Office can assist members with military pay matters.
Moody area costs to consider
- Cost of Living Index 81
- Costs for Housing: $120,000 to $200,000
- Costs for Property Tax: Varies in surrounding counties
- Costs for Temporary Housing: $700 to 1000
- Average Costs for Electricity: $ 125
- Minimum Car Insurance Coverage:Liability of $25,000 per person, $50,000 per occurrence and Property Damage liability of $25,000 per occurrence.
- Sales Tax: 7%
When relocating you are eligible to draw an Advance Pay to assist with costs associated with the PCS. Remember these repayments will be automatically withdrawn from the service member’s pay monthly, which can reduce monthly income. See the Airman and Family Readiness Center’s Personal Financial Management Program Manager if you have concerns regarding your personal finances. Becoming and remaining financially-fit is critical to your success in the Air Force.Don’t wait until it’s too late to request assistance. Avoid Pay Day Loans at all cost.