Frequently Asked Questsions

Frequently Asked Questsions


I am New to Fort Sill — How do I Obtain Medical Care?

There are two things you must do before obtaining medical care. First, you must update your status in DEERS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Recording System). Second, you must enroll in TRICARE Prime or transfer your current enrollment to Fort Sill. TRICARE Prime enrollment is mandatory for Active Duty Soldiers and voluntary for Family Members and retirees. Soldiers must take action to enroll within one week of unit assignment. Enroll at the TRICARE Service Center or online at


What is a Primary Care Manager (PCM)?

After you complete TRICARE enrollment, you will receive a letter notifying you of your assigned Primary Care Manager (PCM). A PCM is a health care provider who provides for your health care needs and coordinates specialty care as needed. If you do not receive notification of your assigned PCM within 14 days after enrolling, please contact Humana Military at (800) 444-5445 or visit the TRICARE Service Center in the Hospital.


How do I get an Appointment?

You may schedule an appointment with your PCM by calling (580) 558-2000. One of the booking staff will assist you with your appointment needs Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Over 80 percent of our primary care appointments are accessible online. For your convenience, you can access and schedule an appointment with your PCM up to 24 hours in advance. We encourage you to register with TRICARE online and make your appointments at


What do I do if I Have a Medical Problem after Hours? How do I reach my Primary Care Manager?

If you have an emergent need, please go to the nearest emergency room to receive care. If emergent care is received at a civilian emergency room, please notify the Referral Management Office of this emergency care within 24 hours so authorization for payment can be made. Do not seek authorization until after you have received emergency care.


For non-emergent (urgent) medical needs after hours, you may contact the on-call PCM by calling the hospital’s answering service at (580) 558-2000, or toll free at (866) 207-7603. Please select the prompt after hearing the message, “To reach the on-call physician for out of area care authorization,” press option 3. The on-call PCM may give you advice over the phone that allows you to wait until the next day for a regular clinic appointment. If your need is more urgent they will direct you to be seen at the RACH Emergency Room.


What do I do if I am Traveling out of the Area and need Authorization for Medical Care?

If you have a medical problem that is non-emergent, you must have an authorization prior to seeking/receiving healthcare in order to avoid point of service claims. Active Duty Family Members, Retirees and their Family Members may call Humana Military (TRICARE) at (800) 444-5445 directly to obtain authorization and help finding a network provider for urgent care.


Active Duty Service Members are required to have a referral from their PCM for non-emergent or urgent services and should call the Referral Management Office at (866) 207-7603, option 4 or (580) 558-2000, option 4. For an after-hours authorization, please contact the on-call PCM by using the after-hours process described in Question #4.


Who do I go to with Questions or Concerns about my Provider or Health Care?

For health care or customer service concerns ask for the NCOIC or Office Manager of your clinic. In most cases they will be able to assist you and provide you with answers to your questions. If you need additional assistance, see one of our Patient Advocates, located on the first floor, south side of the hospital, or call (580) 558-2390/2483/3161.


How do I Receive Pregnancy Testing?


If you think that you are pregnant, you can walk in to the OB/GYN clinic to request a pregnancy test. Walk-in hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. A nurse from the OB Clinic will call you within 24 hours with your results.


Do I Need to Bring my Insurance Information to my Appointments?

Yes. On your first visit you will be asked to complete a Record of Other Health Insurance, DD Form 2569. Completing the form will take approximately two to three minutes. After the form has been processed, you will receive a small insurance card. Please bring this card to each visit. The card’s information will need to be updated annually. The third party collection program is mandated from the Surgeon General and we appreciate your time and assistance in helping us meet this requirement.


How do I obtain Medication Refills?

There are two easy ways to refill your medications: By phone or online.


Call (580) 558-2442/2443. Prescription refills for either pharmacy can be phoned in by dialing (580) 558-2442/2443. Refills called in by 7 a.m. will be ready the same day after 1 p.m. Refills called in after 7 a.m. will be ready after 1 p.m. the next day.


Go online to Request refills by clicking on Online Refills or TRICARE Online Refills.


Where do Active Duty Soldiers go for Dental Sick Call?

Active Duty Soldiers Sick Call hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 to 9 a.m. For questions, or to schedule an appointment, call (580) 558-2710. Outlying clinic Cowan conducts dental sick call Monday through Friday, 7:30 to 9 a.m. The Cowan Dental Clinic phone number is (580) 442-2991. The Allen Dental Clinic is open from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for Soldiers and Cadre on the training side of post. Their phone number is (580) 442-6106/5544.


I am not Active Duty — How do I obtain Dental Services?

TRICARE Dental Program (TDP)

The TRICARE Dental Program, MetLife, is a high-quality, cost-effective dental care benefit for eligible Family Members of all Active Duty uniformed services personnel, as well as members of the Selected Reserve and Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) and their eligible Family Members.


Contact MetLife:

(855) 638-8371

Visit the TRICARE Service Center

TRICARE Retiree Dental Program

The TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP) offers comprehensive, cost-effective dental coverage for uniformed services retirees and their eligible Family Members.

To Enroll

Online at (with acceptable credit card)

Call (888) 838-8737

Contact the TRICARE Service Center.


Related Posts
NAS Lemoore Schools: Daycare - High SchoolNAS Lemoore Schools: Daycare - High School
Introduction  Welcome to NAS Lemoore! When moving to a new area, one of the top priorities for parents…
Fort Indiantown Gap: In-Depth Welcome CenterFort Indiantown Gap: In-Depth Welcome Center
Introduction Welcome to Fort Indiantown Gap, known as The Gap or FIG to those connected to it. This…
17 Of the Best MCAS Yuma Things to Do17 Of the Best MCAS Yuma Things to Do
Introduction You’ve received orders to MCAS Yuma, driven across the country into the heart of the desert and…