Army in AlaskaCommunity
Call Holiday Inn Express on Fort Wainwright at 907-353-3800 to make reservations. Or call 877-711-TEAM, or visit www.IHGArmyHotels.com.
To make reservations at Fort Greely, call 907-873-4311.
Reservation service is available 24 hours a day. Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Please call at the earliest possible eligibility for the best chance at confirming your reservation.
Official visitors are military, Department of Defense civilian employees, contractors and guests of the command on letters of authorization or TDY, PCS, annual training or other orders. There are other types of official guests too, so if you are unsure, please call for clarification. Official visitors may make reservations 180 days in advance of check-in.
Unofficial visitors are usually military and family members not on orders, retirees, hospital visitors (unless on orders) and guests of permanent party. There are other types of unofficial visitors too, so if you are unsure, please call for clarification. For unofficial reservations from June 1 to Aug. 31, call three days prior to the check-in date. For reservations from Sept. 1 to May 31, call 14 days prior to the check-in date.
When making a reservation with a credit card, you can guarantee the reservation for late arrival after 6 p.m. Your card will be charged only if you do not arrive or cancel your reservation by 6 p.m. on your scheduled arrival date.
Nonguaranteed reservations are canceled daily at 6 p.m.
Walk-ins are welcome, especially when space is available. A good time to call to check for same-day space in the peak season is 6 p.m., when nonguaranteed reservations are canceled.
Check-in is after 4 p.m. Checkout is 11 a.m. Exceptions to checkout time can be coordinated with the front desk when occupancy allows. A charge for late checkout may be added to your account.
Rates are subject to change. Please contact the reservation desk for current charges. Payment types accepted include cash, checks, money orders and credit cards.
The Front Office is available 24/7 to assist with your requests. From reservations to maintenance requests to accepting payments for other Alaska Army Lodging organizations to providing transportation (if equipment and personnel are available), we will be glad to do it.
- Continental breakfast is provided daily. Hours are posted in each building (with the exception of Fort Greely).
- Convenience sundries can be purchased at front desks.
- Daily custodial service is provided.
- Message service: automated guest room voice mail is provided. We will also gladly relay messages manually as requested.
- Storage is available through coordination with the front office (with the exception of Fort Greely).
- Telephone service is provided through the on-post military system. You can make local, toll-free and DSN calls at no charge and use a calling card to make long-distance calls.
- Fax and copier services are available for official government business and for a fee for unofficial business.
- Newspaper machines are at various locations on each post.
- ATMs are at various locations on each post.
- Facilities for people with disabilities are available at Fort Wainwright.
- Limited pet rooms are available to guests who meet policy parameters. There is a limit of two pets per room, and additional fees and deposits are associated with pets and pet rooms (with the exception of Fort Greely).
- A guest laundry is available in each lodging building, as are soap vending machines.
- Beverage vending and ice machines are in most buildings.
- In-room amenities include clean, comfortable furnishings; cable television; a hair dryer; a microwave, small refrigerator, iron and ironing board; a guest safe; coffee service; and limited personal convenience items. In-room kitchens are available at Fort Wainwright.
- Items such as bed-boards, movies, games, cribs, rollaway beds and sofa sleepers are available.