The Washington State Department of Health website, www.doh.wa.gov, is a useful place to start in finding a dentist with its provider credential search. Visit https://tinyurl.com/ycmrhpnt and select “Health care provider” to verify a dentist, hygienist or dental assistant. You can also seek referrals from people you know who’ve had dental care in the area.
Consider the following to find the best dentist for your needs.
- Are the dentist’s office hours convenient for your schedule?
- Is the dental office close to your home or office?
- How are dental emergencies handled?
- Does the office appear to be clean and well organized?
- Is the staff helpful and friendly?
What are the dental office’s financial policies and how is insurance handled?
A good relationship with your dentist is essential to good oral health care. So take your time and choose one that you and your family feel comfortable with.
The Oral Health Program of the Washington State Department of Health can give you tips for oral health and low-cost dental care. Visit its website at www.doh.wa.gov/YouandYourFamily/OralHealth.