Fort Benning Military Trusted Businesses
More on Chattahoochee Valley Community College
Chattahoochee Valley Community College is focused on providing educational opportunities to its communities, CVCC serves many students in Russell County as well as the counties surrounding the Chattahoochee Valley. Since the College is located in close proximity to Columbus, students living within a 50-mile radius of the campus have a great advantage because they are not charged out-of-state fees due to the short distance to neighboring State of Georgia.
CVCC offers endless choices for current and potential students. The majority of classes easily transfer to a four-year institution, and with more than 20 certificate programs and the opportunity to earn an Associate in Science, Associate in Liberal Arts, or Associate in Applied Science, there is a place for both traditional and nontraditional students. CVCC prides itself in
providing a personal touch with smaller classroom sizes to better meet student needs, and offers state of the art programs that are in high demand in the workforce; such as, nursing, emergency medical technology, welding, and more. Whether a student wishes to return to College after an absence, attend college for the first time, purse an associate degree and transfer to a four-year college, or obtain additional credentials, CVCC holds the key to open many doors for the citizens of our community.
Top Ten Reasons to Choose CVCC
• Much lower tuition rates per credit hour than 4-year colleges or universities
• Excellent medical programs; in fact, the Allied Health program licensure exams passage rates are higher than the state and national averages. Associate Nursing Degree (ADN) 91.1%,Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) 96.3%, and Medical Assisting Technology (MAT) 83.3%
• Outstanding academic support programs like the $1.8 million Title III Strengthening Institutions grant the College received to implement Project SENSE (Strategies to Enhance New Student Engagement)
• Outstanding credentialing opportunities such as the Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) credentials in the area of Certified Production Technician and
Certified Logistics Technician.
• 100 % passage rate in certified logistics training and full
certification with the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC).
• Partnerships with local business and industry that provide Co-op or internship opportunities for students in career technical education programs
• Only Alabama Community College that offers an Associate’s Degree and certificates in Fire Science and courses are available online.
• Emergency Medical Services Program accredited by the Alabama Department of Public Health Office of Emergency Medical Services.
• Outstanding dual enrollment program where highs school students earn college credit.
• Competitive national and state ranked athletics program in baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, and softball. Thirty-eight CVCC student athletes named to the Alabama Community College Conference spring 2021 Commissioner’s Honor Roll by achieving a 3.0 grade point average (GPA) or higher. Seven CVCC student athletes named 2021 National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) All-Academic by earning at least a 3.6 GPA.
Photos from Chattahoochee Valley Community College
Follow Us on Social Media