Fort DetrickMilitary Trusted Businesses
Tire Mart and Automotive
The History of The Tire Mart
Founded in 1965, The Tire Mart is located at 43 Degrange St. in Frederick, MD as an automotive repair, tire, and wheel center. We have spent the last 50 years delivering auto repairs, tires, and wheels to satisfied customers. You can come see us in person, or schedule an appointment online today from the comfort of your couch.
The Tire Mart is owned by Mitch and Karen Nikirk. Ken Martin, Karen’s father, bought a small church in 1965 and turned it into a tire shop. Ken used to recap tires inside the old church and change tires in the driveway before building the main shop in 1974. Mitch began working for Ken as a tire tech in 1978. He met Karen and has been there ever since.
In 2001, Karen and Mitch bought the shop from Ken.
Once primarily a farm tire dealer in Frederick County, we evolved with our community. As the community grew and farming decreased, we branched into mechanical services as well. We operate out of six bays and provide road service.
Our shop is tucked away on a small street off the beaten path. That helps us understand the importance of building relationships with our customers. We realize you have a lot of choices to buy tires and have your car serviced, so we go out of our way to make your visit a pleasant experience.
At The Tire Mart, you can expect:
- Competitive prices on tire brands like MICHELIN®, Uniroyal®, and Mastercraft
- Tire services including tire installations, tire rotations, balancing, and TPMS adjustments
- Farm tires
- Quality repair services including brake repairs, wheel alignments, steering and suspension system repairs, electrical system repairs, and exhaust system repairs from a NAPA AutoCare Center, performed by ASE-certified technicians
- Other services including state inspections, preventive maintenance, diagnostics, and axle, CV joint, and driveshaft repairs
- Pick-up and delivery
- Overnight drop box
- Free coffee and free Wi-Fi in our waiting area