Fort Hamilton Community


Travel Planning

Temporary Lodging Reservations must be made in advance to ensure availability. Please contact the Intercontinental Hotel Group Army Hotel (IHG) for reservations and information at 718-439-2340 or 718-630-4892.  Front Desk Service is available 24hrs, 7 days a week. IHG is located on 107 Schum Ave. If traveling with a pet please call in advance to make reservations. A non-refunable $75 pet fee is required at check in. No more than (2) pets allowed and each pet cannot exceed the 80 pound weight limit.

Command Sponsorship

Concurrent Travel is defined as Travel under which the member is accompanied or immediately followed by the member’s spouse and/or dependents. Command Sponsorship is defined as a dependent being entitled to travel to commands at Government expense and endorsed by the appropriate military commander to be present in a dependent’s status at a duty location. Both are important when concerning PCS or TDY travel to Fort Hamilton, especially when coming from an overseas assignment.  Service members are reminded that if family members or dependents are not specifically included on their military orders, and/or command sponsored, the service member will incur all of the travel expenses out-of-pocket.  Service members should contact their unit S-1 or administrative office for further information.

Inprocessing Procedures

All incoming military/civilian personnel must report to the Visitor’s Center located on 101st Street and Sterling Drive next to the Main Gate. All personnel are required to have a visitors pass or register their vehicle on the Installation. Military personnel assigned to Fort Hamilton will need to inprocess through their assigned unit.  The Personnel Administrative Center (PAC) or the staff of the new unit of assignment will provide all newly assigned soldiers with other inprocessing requirements. Military personnel assigned to the Fort Hamilton Garrison are to report to the Military Personnel Office located in building 113 Schum Ave. The Fort Hamilton Personnel’s Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 am – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 – 4:30 p.m. The Fort Hamilton Military Personnel Office telephone number is DSN 312-232-4849 or 718-630-4849.

All Civilian personnel are to report to the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) located on 114th White Ave 2nd floor. CPAC can be reached at 718-630-4031.  NAF personnel can reach their CPAC representative at 718-630-4809. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Leave Procedures: Ensure that proper leave request is submitted to the personnel office prior to taking leave.

Newcomer’s Orientation

Please know as Command Policy it is essential that all Military Personnel assigned to the Garrison attend the Newcomer’s Orientation. The Military Personnel Office will ensure that a date and time is given on the In-Processing check list. Spouse and family members are also welcome to attend. Newcomer’s Orientation is always scheduled the last Thursday of the month. For further information please contact the Relocation Program Manager at 718-630-4462 or 718-630-4754.

What to do if you are married enroute

If you get married before you PCS, you must inform your commander and follow the procedures exactly as you are given them. The Military will not pay for travel and housing of your spouse if you do not follow proper procedures.

Related Posts
Offutt AFB Housing: On-Base OptionsOffutt AFB Housing: On-Base Options
Introduction Welcome to Offutt Air Force Base (AFB)! Moving is a big chore and one that occurs all…
MCAS Yuma Housing: On-Base OptionsMCAS Yuma Housing: On-Base Options
Introduction Welcome to MCAS Yuma located in Yuma, Arizona! MCAS Yuma is located about 175 miles east of…
MCAS Yuma Schools: Daycare - High SchoolMCAS Yuma Schools: Daycare - High School
Introduction Moving to a new duty station has its challenges. You have to find a place to live,…