Fort Jackson Community
How To Get Your Rx at the Fort Jackson Pharmacy
From the sniffles to COVID-19 to a sprained ankle and more, local pharmacies play a major role in the health of Americans throughout the country. For the military members serving in Columbia, South Carolina, the Fort Jackson Pharmacy, formally known as the Moncrief Army Health Clinic, is an important place to get familiar with.
Here, troops can fill their prescriptions, receive various items for their healthcare, and enjoy healthcare access for minor needs as they arrive. Whether you are new to the area or simply need a refresher, we’ve got everything you need to know about this incredible and important resource available on base.
Suggested read: What To Expect at Fort Jackson MEPS
Moncrief Army Health Clinic Rx Refills Made Easy
Moncrief Army Health Clinic prescription refills are one of the most common services offered by the Fort Jackson Pharmacy. The proximity to troops makes it a much more accessible location to receive the medicine you need without all of the hassles. For even more convenience, TRICARE Online (TOL) allows troops the ability to refill their prescriptions using the Internet. Here’s how to do it:
- Log onto www.tricareonline.com.
- You can sign in using your DS Logon Premium (Level 2), DoD CAC, or DFAS myPay credentials. Click “Register” if you don’t have DS Logon credentials.
- For more information or to request a refill, click on the “Rx Refill” option on the TOL home page.
- Confirm “Moncrief Army Health Clinic-Ft. Jackson” as your primary military treatment facility, or select a different MTF from the box.
- Select your prescription(s) to refill. You’ll choose a “Pharmacy Pick-up Location,” which for For Jackson would be “MAHC Tricare PX Refill.” To refill your request, be sure to click “Submit.”
- Choose the “Request Refill by Rx Number” option to request refills for your family members. Up to six different prescription numbers can be entered at one time. Choose your pharmacy pick-up location, and then submit your request.
- Alternatively, if you prefer, you can also refill your prescription by calling the 1-800 number on your bottle and following the prompts.
Having your prescription filled online is the easiest way to make sure that your medications will be available in the quickest way possible.
Important Information on the Moncrief Army Hospital Pharmacy
We know Google is just a touch or conversation away, but we couldn’t call ourselves a “guide” without giving you the information that you need. How to get there, which number to call, and all of that fun stuff. Here’s some important information we believe Fort Jackson troops will love to know about their on-base pharmacy:
- The Fort Jackson Pharmacy phone number is 1 (803) 751-2160.
- Fort Jackson Pharmacy can be found at 4500 Stuart St., Columbia, SC, 29207, only a mile south of the Fort Jackson Post Exchange (Fort Jackson PX), or a mile north of the Fort Jackson Commissary.
- The Moncrief Army Health Clinic is closed on Sundays and federal holidays, but from Monday through Friday, the clinic is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You can also visit the location on Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. However, it’s important to understand that the Fort Jackson Pharmacy refill pharmacy hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 9:00 a.m. until noon on Saturday.
- On the third Thursday of every month, the hours are 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. On the days before a federal holiday, the hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. These times apply to both the clinic and the pharmacy refill service.
Visit the Fort Jackson Pharmacy for Your Medication Needs
For your medication needs, the Fort Jackson Pharmacy is ready to handle anything you might need. The integration of online conveniences and close relation to troops help make the entire refill process a breeze. You can even fill out a prescription drop-off form wherever you can connect online. Give them a call or stop by the pharmacy to learn more about what the clinic has to offer you today.
Related read: Fort Jackson SC: In-Depth Welcome Center