Fort RileyCommunity


Fort Riley 2018-Housing


On-post family housing is managed by Corvias. Corvias prides itself on its dedication to providing outstanding customer service and the best communities for those who defend our country. Its mission is to deliver exceptional customer service as the premier provider of housing for military families. Since the company’s founding, Corvias has privatized housing at seven Army installations across the country and manages a current portfolio of more than 24,000 homes. The company has been nationally recognized for its customer satisfaction ratings for the past five years. For more information about Corvias, visit


With Corvias, Fort Riley families receive personalized property management, maintenance and family services tailored to fit military living. On-post living at Fort Riley offers a community where families can live, work, play and serve. The communities also feature amenities commonly found in upscale residential neighborhoods. With a variety of floor plans available, on-post living is convenient and economical.

Benefits of living on the installation:

• No commute or wait at the gate.
• Convenient access to the commissary, exchange and recreation facilities.
• No security deposit.
• No credit check.

Features of Fort Riley neighborhoods:

• Pet-friendly
• Kitchens with all major appliances.
• Washer and dryer connections.
• 24-hour emergency maintenance service.
• Five modern and conveniently located community centers.
• Outdoor gathering and common areas.
• Four luxury swimming pools.

Services of Corvias Communities:

• Lawn care.
• Package acceptance.
• Water, sewer and average electricity and gas included.
• Waste and (opt-in) recycling collection.

In addition, Corvias hosts free, family-friendly events that residents are sure to enjoy. These resident activities provide another source for family fun and community living.


When designing neighborhoods, Corvias takes into account the needs of today’s military family. Since 2006, Corvias has built more than 2,100 new homes and renovated more than 1,600 existing homes, including 253 historic homes.

In addition to new homes, Corvias has five community centers in the Forsyth, McClellan Place, Warner Peterson, Main Post and Ellis Heights neighborhoods. Each community center features staff offices, a club room, a media room, a fitness center, a play room, locker rooms, meeting rooms and an outdoor pool. Use of the community center amenities and pools are free to on-post families, regardless of which neighborhood you live in. For additional information, visit


A Corvias leasing specialist is ready to assist you with applying for on-post housing. Service members may apply for housing as soon as they find out they are coming to Fort Riley. Corvias will collect orders and other required documents prior to your move, but you do not have to have them at the time you apply. Applications can be submitted online at A completed application must be received by Corvias’ Leasing and Relocation Center for the service member to be placed on the waitlist. Please note that placement on the waitlist is not a guarantee that a home is available.


Prior to moving in, service members are required to provide documentation of their housing eligibility. The following documents are required prior to move in:

• Completed housing application.
• Current DD Form 1172 (proof of dependency, current within 90 days).
• Completed DA Form 31 (leave form).
• Current end-of-month LES form.
• Copies of orders assigning you to Fort Riley with any amendments.

Some situations may require additional documentation. For more information on required documentation, visit


Personnel arriving at Fort Riley are not always assigned to on-post family housing immediately. Instead, they are placed on a waitlist until on-post housing is available. The wait time for available homes will vary depending on rank and bedroom requirements. Wait times are estimated and can sometimes change quickly based on activity that is difficult to predict.

There are several factors that affect wait times:

• Number of Soldiers clearing family housing due to PCS or ETS.
• Number of Soldiers retaining their homes.
• Number of Soldiers reporting to Fort Riley from dependent-restricted tours.
• Number of Soldiers on the waitlist being bypassed due to lease obligations, TDY or other justified reasons.
• Longer dwell times and shorter deployment orders.

Waitlists are maintained in a database to ensure maximum efficiency and fairness for all applicants. It is important to know your position on the waitlist is determined by your eligibility date, not the date you arrive at Fort Riley. Additionally, your waitlist number is not an indication of when a home will be available.


It is important to keep Corvias’ Leasing and Relocation Center informed of any changes in your email address, telephone number, rank and unit telephone number at Fort Riley (if assigned). If you are called with a home offer and this information is not correct or you cannot be located, your name will be bypassed or removed from the waitlist.

If you have any questions, contact the Leasing and Relocation Center by phone at 785-717-2258 or by email at


Fort Riley’s pet policy aligns with the Department of the Army’s standardized pet policy for privatized housing. For more information, see the Pet Policy sidebar.

Corvias requires a $150 nonrefundable pet fee per pet. There is a two-pet limit in family housing. For more information, contact the Leasing and Relocation Center at 785-717-2258 or visit to review the Resident Responsibility Guide pet policy section.


The Housing Services Office provides off-post housing referral services to families and single Soldiers and on-post housing to bona fide bachelor officers and senior NCOs. The Army Housing Online User Services, or AHOUS, website at is a nationwide, joint service, DOD-sponsored website that offers a single source of available housing to incoming military and their families.

The website  directly connects service members with local property managers via the internet, often facilitating a door-to-door move that saves time, expenses and headaches. Using the internet, incoming military and families are able to see an updated list of available housing from a large pool of diverse properties that will be available upon their arrival. The idea behind is simple and free: local property managers and military installations register their available properties on the site, often several months before the property will be available. These properties are then visible to incoming personnel when they search the site for available housing.

For more information about the local HOMES website, contact the Housing Services Office at 800-643-8991 or 785-239-3736.


All incoming Soldiers are required to go to the Housing Services Office, 785-239-3525 or 800-643-8991, or in Building 215 on Custer Ave., at Main Post. Office hours are 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday. The office is closed noon to 12:30 p.m. daily and during holidays and RDOs. Referrals are made by the housing office to ensure the health, safety and morale of the Soldiers and their families who are, or will be, living in the dwelling unit. Guidelines come from AR 420-1, City and State Ordinances.


Bachelor officer quarters and senior bachelor enlisted quarters in Building 27, Arnold Hall, is on Historic Main Post. The BOQ and BEQ are available for any unaccompanied officer 0-1 through 0-10 or NCO E-6 through E-9 that would like to lease a BOQ or BEQ apartment. The minimum lease available is six months with no maximum. To lease a BOQ or BEQ apartment, contact the UPH Branch in Building 7305 on Apennies Drive, 785-239-6937/3082 or call the FMO Branch in Building 366 Dickman Ave., 785-239-2948.


Your point of contact for any questions you may have concerning off-post housing is the Housing Services Office. The following information is to assist military families who will be renting a home in the off-post communities surrounding Fort Riley.

All rental units should be inspected by Housing Services Office prior to occupancy by a military family. The unit must pass either the city inspection or the Housing Services Office health and safety inspection.

Ensure that the lease contains a written military clause that would enable you to terminate your lease in the event that you receive PCS orders or deployment orders longer than 90 days. Otherwise, you would be liable for the remainder of the rent due until the end of your lease. Caution: The military clause of the Service Member Civil Relief Act does not cover acceptance of government quarters. Accepting government quarters is not justification to break a lease or rental agreement.

When you are considering potential rental units, do not allow yourself to be rushed, inspect them thoroughly and ask plenty of questions. Determine the total amount you will be required to pay for rent and deposits, including deposits on utilities and for security and cleaning. Most landlords require a cleaning and damage deposit equal to one month’s rent. You will also be required to pay the first month’s rent in advance. Will you be required to pay utilities? If so, how much will they cost?

If you plan to get a pet, be sure you will be allowed to keep it at the place you rent. Most facilities in the area do not allow pets. Others will allow you to have a pet but will require a deposit for your pet not to exceed one-half of a month’s rent.

Be sure you read all documents you sign very carefully. Remember, once you have signed the lease, you have entered into a legal contract. The landlord is the only one who can let you out of the lease unless the landlord is negligent in his part of the contract. Verbal agreements will not stand up in court. All agreements must be written and acknowledged by both parties.

To protect yourself, as well as the landlord, you should perform a walk-through of the property together upon move-in and again when you move out. This document should be signed by both parties, and each should get a copy.

Get a receipt for all money paid with each item listed separately. Make sure you get a copy of the rental agreement and anything else you might have signed.

Renter’s insurance should be carefully considered. Should your household items be damaged or lost due to a fire, burglary, flood, broken pipes, etc., items lost would be replaced at your expense unless you have renter’s insurance. Also, under certain conditions, you may be liable for property belonging to the landlord, including the building and its contents.


We want to provide you and your family the best possible service and keep your property out of storage-in-transit. Avoiding storage-in-transit will eliminate the possibility of damage to your property from the extra handling.

Upon arrival of your property, personal property personnel have as little as two hours to instruct the carrier to deliver the shipment to your residence or to place it in storage-in-transit. If you cannot be contacted, your shipment will be placed in storage-in-transit.

A shipment placed in storage-in-transit during the period May through September can require a minimum of seven to 10 working days from the date of request for the carrier to deliver to your residence. If you are not prepared, this could cause personal or financial hardship.


Advance pay is not a PCS entitlement. Advance pay is a tool to help you offset costs directly related to your PCS move. Advance payments are not approved for such costs as vacations, purchasing a new car or investments. You can get one month’s base pay, minus your deduction, at your losing station. You are eligible for up to two more advance payments at your gaining station.

However, written justification must be provided detailing extremely adverse circumstances and itemized expenses to get the second or third advance. Your advance payment will be prorated for repayment in 12 months.

To apply for advance payment, attend the finance in- or out-processing brief given daily at Building 210. You must fill out the required documentation, FF Form 2560, and provide a copy of your PCS orders. For grades E-1 through E-4, the unit commander must approve the application.

Finance is the ultimate approving authority for all advances. If approved, payment will be sent electronically to your account.

Note: Advance payments are only approved in conjunction with a PCS move. Generally, the window is 30 days prior to movement and up to 60 days after arrival.

Related Posts
This Week in Military History Hero ImageThis Week in Military History Hero Image
It was a joyous occasion when, on February 12th, 1973, the first of Operation Homecoming’s flights touched down…
Hero Image: This Week in Military News (Weekly Rundown)Hero Image: This Week in Military News (Weekly Rundown)
Military News Recap A quick recap of the major US military news stories from the last week: COVID-19…
5 of the Best Military Movies on Amazon Prime5 of the Best Military Movies on Amazon Prime
There is so much content worth watching out there that it can be hard to pick what to…