Fort RileyCommunity

Fort Riley


Fort Riley 2018-In Processing


All in-processing Soldiers must sign in at the 1st Replacement Company, except for the following units: medical personnel, dental personnel, criminal investigation division personnel and mobilized Reservists.

The 1st Replacement Company is on Main Post in Building 210 on Custer Avenue, next door to the Central Processing Center, and is staffed 24/7, including all holidays. Soldiers signing in Monday through Friday during duty hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) must be in ACUs.

The telephone number for the 1st Replacement Company is 785-239-2119 during all hours. Other phone numbers are 785-239-8332/8302/8300.

Soldiers should sign in with the following in their possession:

• A copy of DA Form 31 (leave request).
• Assignment orders.
• Health and dental records.
• Military Personnel Records Jacket.

Soldiers can expect to spend nine to 10 working days for in-processing to cover finance topics, personal records, the Soldier Readiness Program, Military Resilience Training, the Central Issue Facility, briefings about the Fort Riley area, etc.


The ID Card Branch is at Building 212 on Custer Avenue on Main Post in the basement in Room B-001. Normal hours of operation for walk-ins are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday. Appointments can be made from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.

The ID Card Branch may be closed to the public due to mobilization and demobilization, so please call to ensure the office is open. Scheduling an appointment by calling ahead will ensure you are seen in a timely manner.

Handicapped parking and access to Building 212: Parking for people with disabilities is behind Building 212. To get to the parking area, turn into the parking area between buildings 208 and 210, then drive behind Building 210 on Custer Avenue to the back of Building 212. Designated parking spaces are on the left.

Wheelchair access to Building 212 is through the left entrance under the center balcony. The ID card and DEERS section is at basement level, immediately on the left.

For more information, call 785-239-3654.


The post does not require vehicle registration. To gain access to Fort Riley, drivers must possess a valid state driver’s license, vehicle registration and proof of liability insurance (automobile insurance identification card). Additional requirements for permanent installation motorcycle registration include proper motorcycle endorsement on driver’s license, if required by the state issuing the license, and proof of completion of a DA-approved motorcycle safety course (applicable to active-duty military, their family members, DOD civilians and contractor employees only).

Call 785-239-3884/3426 for additional information.


Individual PCS Planning: Most relocation programs offer one-on-one consultation for anyone needing assistance. In particular those making their first military move or first overseas move or those with challenging and complex situations, such as special needs family members or financial problems, should call the Relocation Program for an appointment.

Military Installations and Plan My Move: For managing and planning your move, use these DOD-sponsored, web-based relocation tools with information on more than 250 installations worldwide. You can estimate expenses, find the forms necessary for housing and household goods, keep a calendar of events and take other necessary actions to ensure a successful move.

Military OneSource and Plan My Move: 

Military Community Directory: 


To obtain basic household necessities to get you through until your household goods have arrived, contact the Fort Riley Lending Closet. Assistance is available for families who are affected by permanent change of station (to or from Fort Riley) in the form of basic household items on loan for 45 days while awaiting your shipment, or before you have cleared the installation. Calling ahead for available times to check out or check in the items is highly encouraged. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, closed Saturday and Sunday. Changes can occur without prior notification. The Lending Closet is at Army Community Service on Custer Hill at 7264 Normandy Drive.

For more information, call 785-239-9435 or DSN 856-9435 or email To use the Army Community Service Lending Closet, you will be required to bring in your ID card and a copy of military orders.


Army Community Service home page: 

Fort Riley home page: 

Irwin Army Community Hospital: 


State of Kansas official home page: 

State of Kansas Department of Education: 

Related Posts
Hero Image: This Week in Military News (Weekly Rundown)Hero Image: This Week in Military News (Weekly Rundown)
Military News Recap A quick recap of the major US military news stories from the last week: COVID-19…
5 of the Best Military Movies on Amazon Prime5 of the Best Military Movies on Amazon Prime
There is so much content worth watching out there that it can be hard to pick what to…
Some of the Best Temporary and Part-Time Jobs for VeteransSome of the Best Temporary and Part-Time Jobs for Veterans
Let’s face facts, it’s a pretty tough job market at the moment. While plenty of companies still hire…