Fort Stewart Community

Fort Stewart
Base Entry Procedures

Base Entry Procedures

There is a Department of Defense decal system in effect on Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield. Vehicles without a decal must display a post pass. Passes can be obtained at the main gates of both installations.

All vehicles operated on post must be registered or display a daily pass. Vehicles without a decal must be registered as soon as possible after arrival.

Vehicles can be registered at Building 226 at Fort Stewart or Building 1279 at Hunter Army Airfield. In order to register a vehicle, the driver must provide a valid vehicle registration, proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license. In addition, drivers must have a valid military, DOD civil service or contractor ID card. Vehicles must be insured in the minimum amount of $25,000 to $50,000 for personal liability and $20,000 for property damage.

Personnel needing to register a vehicle that is not registered or owned by them must obtain a notarized document from the legal owner of the vehicle stating that they are allowing the vehicle to be registered by the appointed individual.

Visitors requiring entry to the installation are required to obtain a daily pass. Required documentation is the same as previously listed. If driving a rental vehicle, the rental contract is also required.

For contractors and subcontractors, decals will be issued if the contract is awarded for three or more years. For shorter periods of time, extended temporary passes will be issued in one-year increments.


In addition to the previously listed vehicle registration requirements, military motorcyclists must attend a state-certified Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course or the post’s Installation Safety Office motorcycle course. Personnel must present their Motorcycle Safety Foundation card at the time of registration.

Related Posts
military food stampsmilitary food stamps
Military food stamps have provided a lot of people with financial assistance when it comes to purchasing food…
tricare young adulttricare young adult
Managed by the Defense Health Agency, TRICARE Young Adult is a health care plan for adult children once…
army emergency reliefarmy emergency relief
Did you know that the Army has a nonprofit organization called Army Emergency Relief (AER)? No? Well, let…