Fort StewartVA Lender
Working in the Mortgage Industry since 1998, Gerald takes great pride in providing his customers with an exceptional mortgage banking experience. When asked what is the best part of his job, Gerald responded “I love helping my customers make sound financial decisions regarding their purchases and refinance transactions. My step by step approach allows me to simplify the loan process for my customers and deliver outstanding results.”
- Mr. Lee is very professional, knowledgeable, and detail oriented. He kept us informed through all stages of the loan process from start to completion. His attention to detail and loan expertise is unparalleled. -Shari John
- Mr. Lee was very professional and helped through the process of the loan while I was busy conducting military duties. -Tony Meza
- Mr. Lee was awesome. We were a priority to him and his team. He kept us informed every step of the way. He is an incredible Loan Officer!! -Terron Johnson
- I felt appreciated and valued, thank you, Mr. Lee! -Gail Laxton
- Thomas Gerald Lee was very professional, approachable, and helpful. He went the extra mile with our transaction. It was an awesome service he provided and we will surely do business with him again. Sabriya Scott
WHAT IS A VA LOAN?
The VA Loan is a federal loan offered to veterans, military members and qualified military spouses created to help families purchase or finance their home during the home buying process. It is a government-backed loan guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Each loan is issued by a qualified VA lender that determines the rates, terms and conditions of the loan based on VA rules and guidelines.
The VA Home Loan was created in 1944 by the United States government to help returning service members finance and purchase for their families without needing excellent credit or a down payment.
Due to the housing market crisis that happened between 2008 and 2012, traditional home loan lenders have made it more difficult to qualify for a home loan. VA Home Loans makes it easier for qualified service members to qualify for loan programs with very strict qualifications.
$0 No Money Down
Qualified borrowers can take advantage of a VA loan without putting down a down payment.
Federal Loans do not require Private Mortgage Insurance, reducing the overall costs associated with the loan.
Competitive Interest Rates
Lenders have more freedom to offer lower interest rates to home buyers due to being backed by the federal government.
In general, you can qualify for a VA Loan with fewer requirements, making it easier to get approved.
Up to 20% Down
Qualified borrowers are required to put down a payment of up to 20%.
PMI (Insurance Required)
Private Mortgage Insurance is required for any home buyer that finances 80% or more of their home.
Higher Interest Rates
Without any government guarantees, interest rates are usually higher to compensate for additional risks.
Standard Qualification Procedures
All standard approval procedures must be followed which makes it more difficult for a homeowner to qualify for financing a home.