Joint Base Elmendorf – Richardson Community

Arrival and Inprocessing

Once service members and their families arrive in Alaska, Airmen and Soldiers go through slightly different processes to join their gaining units.

For Airmen, after you arrive, you must report to Bldg. 8517, Room 118, at 8 a.m. for inprocessing 24 hours after arrival or the next duty day.

At the inprocessing briefing, you will be scheduled for Arctic Warrior Orientation and your medical inprocessing. AWOC is a one-day base inprocessing briefing. You will also file your travel voucher with finance.

Please ensure you bring three copies of your orders, your package that your losing MPS gave you and a pen.

If you have any questions or encounter any problems during inprocessing, call the Base Individualized Newcomer Treatment and Orientation Office at 907-552-8722.

Upon arrival at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Soldiers must sign in at the Welcome Center in Bldg. 600, Room 103. The Welcome Center is open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for inprocessing. After 5 p.m., a staff duty officer is available to sign you in off leave only and to contact your unit for a sponsor.

Soldiers arriving at the Anchorage airport can call the Welcome Center at 907-384-0425 for transportation to the Welcome Center. Soldiers arriving in Alaska from Oct. 1 to May 1 must arrive with their Gore-Tex jacket, trousers and gloves due to possible extreme frigid temperatures.

Soldiers MUST have concurrent travel to be authorized to bring their family with them when initially arriving in Alaska and in order to be paid for the dependent travel. This travel decision MUST be processed through the losing installation’s Levy Section BEFORE PCSing to Alaska.

If family members travel BEFORE they are authorized, you will NOT be reimbursed for their travel. If you are authorized to bring your family members to Alaska with you initially, their names must be listed on your orders.

If your family is with you in concurrent travel status, you will be sent to lodging, which is open 24 hours a day. Lodging is available on a space-available basis for Soldiers without reservations, arriving or departing on permanent change of station orders.

All personnel traveling on PCS orders are required to check with the Lodging Office before seeking transient accommodations off post.

Only Family Housing can authorize a Temporary Lodging Allowance; you must check in with them as soon as you are scheduled for inprocessing. TLA is available for single Soldiers in the pay grade of E-6 and above, married Soldiers in all grades arriving without family members due to deferred travel and for all married Soldiers on concurrent travel who are accompanied by command-sponsored family members. TLA is authorized to partially offset the cost of temporary lodging for up to a maximum of 60 days after arrival, unless government housing is immediately available. TLA can be extended on a case-by-case basis.

Related Posts
military bases in Alabamamilitary bases in Alabama
If you see a military base in Alabama, you are looking at a dedication to training branches of…
U.S. Coast Guard AcademyU.S. Coast Guard Academy
Welcome Aboard! Welcome to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy! Connecticut’s U.S. Coast Guard Academy serves as an academic…
military bases in Coloradomilitary bases in Colorado
When you think of the military bases in Colorado, it's more than appropriate to think of them soaring…