Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst Community
The New Jersey Dental Association, online at www.njda.org, can help you find a dentist with its roster lists. Select “For the Public” from the home page then select the “Find a Dentist” to search for dentists by name, location or specialty. You can also seek referrals from people you know who’ve had dental care in the area.
Consider the following to find the best dentist for your needs.
- Are the dentist’s office hours convenient for your schedule?
- Is the dental office close to your home or office?
- How are dental emergencies handled?
- Does the office appear to be clean and well organized?
- Is the staff helpful and friendly?
- What are the dental office’s financial policies and how is insurance handled?
The New Jersey Department of Health offers a special education program for children to promote good oral health with emphasis in areas of high need and high risk. Though the program itself does not provide dental care, its list of recommended facilities and programs can be found online at www.nj.gov/health/fhs/oral/documents/dental_directory.pdf.