Luke AFB Community

Luke AFB


Luke AFB_2019 Housing Dormitories

Enlisted single Airmen, E-3 and below or E-4 with less than three years’ time in service must reside in on-base dormitories with a few exceptions. E-4 Airmen with more than three years’ time in service may reside on base or off base. Newly reporting Airmen can get their dormitory assignments from the Unaccompanied Housing Management Office (UHMO) in Dormitory 635 across from the base post office from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Enlisted members arriving after duty hours accompanied by a supervisor should pick up a key to a dormitory hospitality room at Fighter Country Inn for temporary quarters until they are assigned to a dormitory.

For Airmen, there are several dormitory styles at Luke AFB.

Most dormitory rooms are one-plus-one; residents share a bathroom with the adjoining room. In some of the dorms, the residents share a bathroom and kitchen and have a community laundry room with multiple high-efficiency machines. Additionally, there are two-plus-two rooms where two residents share a suite with the same entrance, share a kitchen and bathroom, and share a laundry room with the adjoining suite. New to Luke Air Force Base are the Dorms-4-Airmen: two to four residents share a suite; each room in the suite has its own full bathroom, and all residents in the suite share a kitchen and laundry room.

There are no shared permanent-party enlisted bedrooms, therefore, no roommates. All dormitories have common-area recreation rooms, pool and foosball tables, lounges and big-screen television rooms.

Dormitory and room assignments are based on group integrity and are made by the Airmen dorm leader.

Airmen desiring to reside off base may be approved for Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) only if the base-wide dormitory occupancy exceeds 95 percent. Enlisted single personnel in grades E-1 through E-3 and E-4 with less than three years of service may apply for the waiting list for BAH at the UHMO. Approvals will be based on the Airman’s squadron commander and/or first sergeant prior to notification of selection and authorizing BAH. For more information, call the UHMO at 623-856-7841 or DSN 896-7841.

Related Posts
military food stampsmilitary food stamps
Military food stamps have provided a lot of people with financial assistance when it comes to purchasing food…
tricare young adulttricare young adult
Managed by the Defense Health Agency, TRICARE Young Adult is a health care plan for adult children once…
army emergency reliefarmy emergency relief
Did you know that the Army has a nonprofit organization called Army Emergency Relief (AER)? No? Well, let…