Maxwell-Gunter AFB Military Trusted Businesses
More on Jackson Hospital
Jackson Hospital’s history is integral to the history of medicine in Central Alabama. The hospital’s origin dates back to 1894 when Watkins Infirmary received its 1st patients at the hospital’s present location. On September 16, 1946, Jackson Hospital opened with 37 patient beds and 5 attending physicians.
Today, licensed for 344 beds, Jackson Hospital is a community not-for-profit hospital serving Montgomery and the Alabama River Region. Our comprehensive healthcare services include bariatric surgery, cancer care, emergency care, family birth center, heart center, hospitalists, imaging center, orthopedics, physical therapy, robotic surgery, sleep disorders, spine center, sports medicine, stroke center, surgery center and wound care. We also offer clinic services such as cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, ear, nose and throat, endocrinology, facial plastics, family medicine, gastroenterology, general surgery, hearing services, infectious disease, internal medicine, neurology, OB/GYN, pediatrics, rheumatology, urogynecology, urology and vascular surgery.
Jackson Hospital has received the gold seal of approval for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) surgery, spine surgery and heart attack care from the Joint Commission. We are recognized as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence through the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. We have three Blue Distinction Centers+: bariatric surgery, hip and knee replacement, and spine surgery.
Jackson Hospital ranks among the largest hospitals in Alabama and is widely recognized for providing excellence in care. Even with our leading-edge technology and facilities, we remain true to our mission of providing superior personal healthcare in a safe, compassionate environment.
Photos from Jackson Hospital
Follow Us on Social Media