MCB Quantico Community
United States Marine Corps Memorial Chapel
The United States Marine Corps Memorial Chapel, located near Lejeune Hall, is a noteworthy landmark at Quantico. It was dedicated Nov. 10, 1954, to the memory of all Marines and their Navy comrades who have died in the service of their country. Shortly after the completion and dedication of the chapel, a voluntary fund drive was begun to install glass windows appropriate to the memorial nature of the chapel. Eighteen strikingly etched glass windows combine religious motifs with Marine Corps history scenes from 1775 to recent times. Another item of historical interest is the communion rail, which was fashioned out of remnants of deck planking from eight battleships and cruisers that supported Marine Corps amphibious operations in World War II.