MCLB AlbanyMilitary Trusted Businesses
Albany Area YMCA
WELCOME TO THE ALBANY AREA YMCA
The Albany Area YMCA is more than just a gym. It’s a movement of thousands of people making positive changes in their lives and their community. The YMCA serves people from various walks of life, strengthening spirit, mind, and body and improving physical well-being in a healthy and friendly environment. The YMCA is Albany’s premier provider of family health and wellness.
JOIN THE Y
- Membership in the Albany Area YMCA includes access to three facilites: Central Facility, Lee Branch and Sports Park.
- A Lee Branch Only membership is available year round, and the Sports Park Pool is included.
- All land and water group exercise classes are FREE with your membership.
- Members receive four one-on-one appointments with a Fit Coach. Make appointments at the Member Services Desk.
- Members pay reduced program fees for all programs such as youth sports, dance, tennis, aquatics and child care.
- The Albany Area YMCA offers FREE KidZone childcare services for members with Family Memberships. Children ages 6 weeks to 11 years can have fun in a safe environment while their parents work out. These KidZone services are also available to members with the Adult Membership category for a small monthly fee. KidZone hours vary by location. 2 child limite please.
- Members of the Albany Area YMCA also enjoy membership nationwide through the YMCA Nationwide Membership Program.
- Albany Area YMCA members enjoy AWAY access to YMCAs around the country. Check with the YMCA you are visiting for their AWAY policy.
Health Center Amenities Memberships
Adult and Family Health Center memberships are also available at the Central Facility for members age 18 and over. Health Center memberships allow use of the Health Centers at the Central Facility, rather than the regular Men’s and Women’s locker rooms. The Men’s and Women’s Health Centers offer towel service, assigned lockers* and whirlpool. The Women’s Health Center offers a dry heat sauna. The Men’s Health Center offers a steamroom and laundry service.
The Albany Area YMCA is a SilverSneakers® provider. Some insurance plans offer SilverSneakers® as a benefit to their covered patrons who are age 65 and older. Individuals who are eligible for the SilverSneakers® benefit receive a free basic adult membership to the YMCA. Contact your health insurance provider to find out if you are eligible for SilverSneakers®, or ask for more information at the Central Facility or Lee Branch.
Seniors age 65 and older who are not eligible for Silver Sneakers receive a Senior Rate on YMCA Membership.COME INTO THE CENTRAL FACILITY OR LEE BRANCH TO JOIN THE YMCA!
The Albany Area YMCA offers FREE KidZone childcare services for members with Family Memberships. Children ages 6 weeks to 11 years can have fun in a safe environment while their parents work out. Don’t have a family membership? You can add KidZone services to your regular membership for only $10 per month.
Members are required to stay in the facility while their children are having fun at the YMCA KidZone.
LEE BRANCH KidZone Hours
Yes, KidZone is also available at the Lee Branch!
Weekday Afternoons and Saturday Mornings
Monday through Friday | 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Monday through Thursday | 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM (Closed Friday)
Saturday | 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Our beautiful 50 meter Sports Park Outdoor pool is located at 4508 Gillionville Road in Albany, just five miles from our Central Facility. The pool is open seasonally for the summer and is included in your All-Facility and Lee Branch memberships. Sports Park Only memberships, Pool Day Passes, and Pool Punch Cards are also available.
Ever wondered where group swimming lessons started? At the YMCA! Since 1909, the YMCA has been teaching people of all ages and abilities to swim. Come learn where it all began — the YMCA.
Itty-Bitty Swim Lessons
Age 6 months to 12 months
Tuesday and Thursday
9:00 AM to 9:30 AM
4:30 PM to 5:00 PM
Age 13 months to 2 years
Tuesday and Thursday
9:30 AM to 10:00 AM
5:00 PM to 5:30 PM
Youth Swim Lessons
Age 3-6 | Monday and Wednesday 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM
Age 7-12 | Monday and Wednesday 6:00 PM to 6:30 PM
Teen Swim Lessons
Age 13-17 | Tuesday and Thursday 5:00 PM to 5:40 PM
Adult Swim Lessons
Age 18 & up | Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 AM to 10:50 AM
Cost: $50 for Members | $80 for Non-members (6 Sessions)
Semi-Private Swim Lessons
Lessons for families with two or more children and would like to take lessons together.
Cost: $90 for Members | $120 for Non-members
Private Swim Lessons
One on one lessons are available for children and adults.
Cost: $100 for Members | $130 for Non-members
STINGRAYS SWIM TEAM
Includes two-year American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid certification. Students must attend all classes in the course to pass.
Additional Prerequisites: Must be 15 years of age, be able to swim 300m (freestyle and breaststroke), retrieve a 10 lb. brick from the bottom of the pool, and tread water for two minutes using the legs only.
YMCA Members: $200
Future Members: $225
Central Facility1701 Gillionville Road
- Heated Indoor Pool
- Private Aerobics Room
- Basketball, Volleyball, Racquetball and Tennis Courts
- Comprehensive Health & Fitness Center with Nautilus and Paramount Weight Machines
- Locker Rooms
- Outdoor Walking/Running Track
- Licensed Childcare Center
- KidZone childcare available during certain hours and free with your Family membership while parents work out in the facility
- Over 70 free land and water fitness classes weekly, including Spin®, Boxing Fitness, Circuit and SilverSneakers®
- Fully-wired Cardio Room
- Genesis Room, equipped for members with mobility challenges and for those looking for a more private workout setting
- Free Weight Room
Monday – Thursday: 5 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Friday: 5 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday: 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday: 2-6 p.m.
ADULT ONLY HOURS: Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Children under 18 must be with a parent or in a YMCA Program where they are under the supervision of an adult.Lee Branch
316 Robert B. Lee Dr.
- Comprehensive fitness center featuring Nautilus Weight Machines, Treadmills, Ellipticals, StepMill, Steppers, Recumbent Bikes, Circuit Training and Free Weights
- High performance aerobics floor and Spin® cycles
- Over 16 FREE fitness classes weekly.
- KidZone childcare (KidZone available during certain hours and free with Family membership while parents work out in the facility).
LEE BRANCH FACILITY HOURS
Monday – Friday 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.Sports Park
4508 Gillionville Road
These 50 landscaped acres include a 50-meter outdoor pool, fellowship pavilions, soccer fields, baseball fields, day camp facilities, playground, seasonal walking trail and outdoor sand volleyball court. Sports Park facilities are available for group rental.
Summer Pool Memberships Available
The Sports Park Pool is open seasonally from Memorial Day to Labor Day weekend. Summer Sports Park Pool memberships are available for individuals and families during our season.
Or Visit Us On the Web: