Moody AFB Community
Lowndes County is ranked 15th in the state for highest employment rates in 2006 and the average weekly wages for Lowndes County in 2006 were $521. For more information, visit the Georgia Department of Labor website. Valdosta’s unemployment rate as of November 2007 was 3.7%.
The five highest monthly employment averages, by industry include:
- Accommodations and Food Service
- Health Care and Social Services
Average hourly wages: (according to the U.S Department of Labor)
- Healthcare Support Occupations: $9.88
- Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations: $7.32
- Retail Sales: $10.88
- Office Clerks: $9.34
- Construction and Extraction: $12.91
- Personal Care and Service Occupations: $7.95
- Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations: $15.74
- Production: $11.66
- Security Guards: $10.68
Assists the military spouse to find employment and/or improve their employment marketability by providing:
- Career counseling
- Federal Resume Workshops
- Job referrals
- Assistance with resume preparation for job search or intern opportunities
- Interviewing techniques
- Career Assessment (i.e., Self-Directed Search)
- Access to the Discovery Career Resource Center which provides access to internet for job search/research and a career resource library with books/video for check out.
For the individual new to the workforce, seeking a career change or interested in making educational plans, we offer the Strong Interest Inventory assessment tool. Once completed by appointment, individuals will be provided a profile and interpretive report to help you with career exploration, career enrichment, and career transition.
There are job opportunities on base with AAFES (Base Exchange), DECA (Commissary) and NAF (Non Appropriated Funds).