Moody AFB Community
Filling prescriptions on the road
You should have all your prescriptions filled before you leave, but if you need a prescription filled while you are traveling in the United States, you have several options:
- If near an MTF, fill the prescription at the MTF pharmacy.
- Find the closest TRICARE network pharmacy.
- If a network pharmacy is not available, you can visit a non-network pharmacy. In this case, you may have to pay up front for your medications and file a claim with Express Scripts, Inc., for reimbursement. For more details, visit the TRICARE website
- The TRICARE home-delivery is not recommended for a prescription you need right away, but if you’ll be away for a long time, you can arrange for any regular prescriptions to be filled via the mail-order pharmacy.
Your pharmacy coverage is limited overseas:
- TRICARE network pharmacies are only located in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands. You can have prescriptions filled at host-nation pharmacies, if necessary. Host-nation pharmacies are treated the same as non-network pharmacies. If you have prescriptions filled at a host-nation pharmacy, you should expect to pay for the total amount up front and file a claim with Wisconsin Physicians Service for partial reimbursement. To learn more about pharmacy claims, visit the TRICARE website.
- To use the mail-order pharmacy overseas, the prescription must be from a U.S. licensed provider and you must have an APO or FPO address.
Mental health plays a big part in the way a person acts and behaves. Having good mental health…
In recent Navy news, an aircraft carrier fire aboard USS Abraham Lincoln occurred. The fire happened on Tuesday,…
Military brats are a subgroup within the military community that has a lot in common yet nothing at…