Mountain Home AFB Community
A sponsor’s duties include:
- Contacting you and your family by letter of introduction or e-mail upon learning of your assignment to the installation.
- Following up with a personal phone call after contact has been made.
- Sending information about the installation/area which you may require, or putting you in touch with the resources on the web and at the installation that provide current, complete and up-to-date information such as those provided by the Relocation Program.
- Answering any questions which you or your family may have, or, again, providing the proper resources to answer those questions.
- Confirm transportation and lodging arrangements.
- Assisting with obtaining a Post Office Box for your mail.
- Meeting you and your family upon arrival.
- Accompanying you to your check in point for the unit.
- Introducing you to the Family Center and lending closet
- Providing essential service locations such as commissary, exchange, gas station, and bank.
- Being available when you arrive at your installation to meet you, show you around, and help you through in-processing.
Introduction Welcome to beautiful Santa Barbara County, California. As far as weather goes at Vandenberg AFB, you aren’t…
Introduction So you’ve been assigned orders to a new base, and now you’re looking for a place to…
Introduction The holiday gift-giving season is here! Wondering what to get folks who’ve been nice this year? Unlike…