NAS JRB Fort Worth Community
Hawaiian Falls Is How DFW Keeps Cool All Summer Long
Living in the Dallas-Fort Worth area can mean putting up with some hot summers. Keeping cool and finding family-friendly places to stay entertained can go hand-in-hand with a trip to Hawaiian Falls in Texas. Featuring multiple locations in the DFW region, you’ll have plenty of options for when it’s time to cool down and let loose.
You’ll find relaxing attractions that can help you renew your mind while taking a dip, intermediate rides that are tons of fun, and extreme waterslides built for adrenaline junkies. Hawaiian Falls even has a “Shaka Meter” to help you determine the level of intensity. With multiple locations near Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, we’ve got you covered before you plan your visit to the Hawaiian Falls Waterpark.
Read next: NAS JRB Fort Worth: In-Depth Welcome Center
Where To Find Hawaiian Falls
There’s good news for patrons looking to cool down. You have plenty of options. There are multiple Hawaiian Falls locations throughout DFW and even a Hawaiian Falls Waco should you find yourself needing a change of scenery. Here are the four locations closer to DFW with the Waco park as a bonus:
Hawaiian Falls Roanoke
Depending on traffic, this is going to be the closest location to Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth. You’ll find summer camps, pools, rides, and attractions throughout the property. Great for the entire family.
Address: 290 W Byron Nelson Blvd., Roanoke, TX 76262
Hawaiian Falls Mansfield
Mansfield, Texas, is where you’ll find one of the closer parks to the military base. The features may be different, but the results are the same. Lots of splashing, lots of fun, and lots of memories to be made.
Address: 490 Heritage Pkwy. S, Mansfield, TX 76063
Hawaiian Falls The Colony
Located near Lewisville Lake, The Colony location provides the fun and relaxation Hawaiian Falls is known for in a venue not too far away. Perfect for those living on the north side.
Address: 4400 Paige Rd., The Colony, TX 75056
Hawaiian Falls Garland
On the northeast side of town, you’ll find the Hawaiian Falls Garland location. This isn’t the closest option; however, there is a military discount, and the trip (not including crazy Dallas traffic) should only take you about an hour from the military base.
Address: 4550 N Garland Ave., Garland, TX 75040
Hawaiian Falls Waco
If you’re looking to get away from the hustle and bustle, Hawaiian Falls Waco provides you with the perfect road trip that isn’t too far away. This family-friendly town has plenty of attractions, and Hawaiian Falls is proud to be one of them.
Address: 900 Lake Shore Dr., Waco, TX 76708
Planning Your Visit to Hawaiian Falls
Each location is likely to have its own set of rules, fees, and regulations, but we’re going to try to navigate these waters to deliver you a splashing good time. Here are a few considerations before you make the trip:
- Fees may vary, and there are no spectator passes. If you do enter the park, you’ll have to pay the full amount whether you swim or not.
- For $15, you can bring a cooler that will be inspected before entering the park. No foods from restaurants, glass, or alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- Parking, tubes, and lifejackets are all free.
- Season passes are available for all guests ages 3 and older to use throughout the parks all season long.
- Single-day tickets go by height. Those under 48” will pay less, while those 48” and taller will have a higher admission fee. Children 2 years old and under are free.
- There are no exchanges or refunds available for guests.
- Swim attire is a must, but you should keep in mind that this is a family-friendly experience.
- Group rates are available for those with at least 10 members in their party.
- Re-entry is allowed.
- Special events may require special hours and admission fees. There are many different events that keep the experience renewed all season long, including adult-only nights, Bow Wow Luau, movie nights, and more.
Say Aloha to Military Discounts
As a thank you to military personnel, Hawaiian Falls Garland offers those with a valid military ID a discounted admission rate. It’s unclear if the other locations offer such discounts; however, it’s likely that other locations would honor such a deal. In any case, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Fort Worth is only about an hour away from the waterpark, but calling closer venues may be your best option.
What Time Does Hawaiian Falls Close?
Because there are so many different locations and factors, it can be difficult to provide you with a direct answer. Your best course of action is to contact your preferred Hawaiian Falls Waterpark of choice. But here are a few important considerations that can affect your trip and the park’s hours of operation:
- The hours of operation can change at any time. This is due to traffic, events, health reasons, and the weather.
- Because the DFW area is vast, some parks may be open longer than others.
- Special events may also affect the hours of any park. These events include fireworks displays. Holiday hours may also vary.
- The season may vary, but it usually runs from early May through most of September.
- Again, hours may vary; however, you’ll typically find that the parks are open no earlier than 10:30 a.m. and close no later than 8:00 p.m.
Hawaiian Falls hours can be found on their live calendar that shows the hours of multiple locations. Be sure to enjoy your trip during the season, as there’s plenty to do at any of the parks. You’re only a short car ride away from aloha vibes, all found deep in the heart of Texas.
Related read: 23 of the Best Things To Do in NAS JRB Fort Worth
Image: Having Fun in the Texas Sun