NAS PensacolaVA Lender
Christensen Financial is dedicated to helping our military veterans find the best home financing options available. Our Mortgage Advisors will guide your application and show you how easy becoming a homeowner can be. Designed to help active-duty military and veterans qualify for homeownership, VA Home Loans are guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs and feature easy home financing options. Because VA loans are government-insured, they offer veterans and military personnel lower interest rates and better terms than conventional mortgages.
We specialize in the Salute our Soldiers Down Payment Assistance Program:
- Available for Active Duty personnel and Veterans – Do NOT have to be First Time Homebuyers!
- Low Rates with Several Down Payment Assistance options – Buy a home with little out of pocket and manageable monthly payments
- More lenient qualifying criteria than other Down Payment Assistance programs
- Lower Closing Costs than a traditional VA mortgage: Intangible Taxes and County Tax stamps are waived
- Buyers can benefit from the program without having to use the Down Payment Assistance
- Available in all 67 Counties throughout the State of Florida
We are also experts at traditional VA Loans:
- 100% LTV Financing
- No Monthly Mortgage Insurance
- Streamlined Refinance Options
Buying or refinancing your home may be the most important financial decision you make. You can trust Christensen Financial to:
- Have your family’s best interests in mind
- Provide personalized and helpful service
- Be attentive to your questions and concerns
- Close quickly and easily
WHAT IS A VA LOAN?
The VA Loan is a federal loan offered to veterans, military members and qualified military spouses created to help families purchase or finance their home during the home buying process. Each loan is issued by a qualified VA lender that determines the rates, terms and conditions of the loan based on VA rules and guidelines.
The VA Home Loan was created in 1944 by the United States government to help returning service members finance and purchase for their families without needing excellent credit or a down payment.
Due to the housing market crisis that happened between 2008 and 2012, traditional home loans can be more difficult to obtain due to the requirements.
No down payment required.
Qualified borrowers can take advantage of a VA loan without putting down a down payment.
Federal Loans do not require Private Mortgage Insurance, reducing the overall costs associated with the loan.
PMI (Insurance Required)
Private Mortgage Insurance is required for any home buyer that finances 80% or more of their home.
Standard Qualification Procedures
All standard approval procedures must be followed which makes it more difficult for a homeowner to qualify for financing a home.