NAWS China Lake Community
TRICARE Standard and Extra
TRICARE Standard and Extra are available to family members only. Active duty service members are required to enroll in one of the Prime options described above.
TRICARE Standard and Extra are available throughout the United States and enrollment is not required. Any eligible active duty family member who is registered in DEERS may use these programs by seeing any network (Extra) or non-network TRICARE authorized provider. In areas outside of the United States, active duty family members who do not want to use a Prime option may use TRICARE Standard Overseas by seeing qualified host nation providers.
If you are already using TRICARE Standard and Extra, moving is easy.
- Once you arrive at your new location, update your personal information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) immediately.
- Find TRICARE-authorized providers in your new area.
Here are a few things to remember about using TRICARE Standard and Extra in a new region
- In the U.S.: Visit your new regional contractor’s website for a list of network providers. Remember, if you see network providers, you will be using the Extra option and pay lower cost shares.
- Outside of the U.S.: Contact International SOS or the MTF Service Center for help locating a qualified host nation provider. The TRICARE Extra option is not available in overseas areas.
- If you move to a new region, you will have a new claims address for submitting your TRICARE claims.
- Learn your new region’s prior authorization requirements because these requirements can differ by region.