NS Mayport Military Trusted Businesses
Holy Spirit Catholic School will provide a nurturing and faith-filled setting for each unique child of God. Through a variety of methods, our students will learn the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Traditions of the Catholic Church. Holy Spirit students will develop skills for future success and the desire to serve others.
Holy Spirit Catholic School was founded in 1988. The Florida Catholic Conference granted full accreditation to the school in 2000. Full accreditation status was renewed in 2005.
Holy Spirit Catholic School has a tradition of inspiring faith and excellence in students for over 20 years and offers a fully accredited, affordable education for children of all faiths. We currently have 290 students in grades PreK-4 through 8th grade. We have approximately 29 children in each class.
Holy Spirit Students:
- Have ranked in the Top 10% on the national ITBS test.
- Won the diocese Brain Brawl and “Battle of the Books” competition in 2010
- Won the grade school conference championship in volleyball and boys softball in 2010.
- Are well-prepared for the academic and social challenges of transitioning into both public and private high schools
- And diocese records indicate that 99% of our Catholic school students will graduate from high school, 98% will go on to college, and 77% will enroll in four year colleges.
Holy Spirit Teachers:
- All view their teaching as a ministry, hold Florida teaching certificates, and 8 have earned advanced degrees.
- Have between 4 and 21 years of teaching experience.
- Have teaching aides in the classroom (Pre-K through 5th grade)
- Include Art, Music, Computer, Spanish and Physical Education teachers
Holy Spirit Catholic School:
- Provides weekly instruction in Art, Music, P.E. Computer technology, Library/Media Science, and Spanish.
- Has affordable tuition rates for Catholic and non-Catholic families.
- Has a large campus with full-size gymnasium, soccer field, and cafeteria.
- Utilizes United Streaming educational video clips, Accelerated Reader software, and the STAR Math diagnostic program.
- Has a state-of-the art Computer Lab
- Offers on-site before and after school Childcare
- Provides extracurricular activities including: Basketball, Volleyball, Scouts, Band, Drama Club, Chorus, Softball, Soccer, and morning news telecasts.
- Offers numerous opportunities for community and parish service.
Holy Spirit Catholic School offers your child an excellent education in a safe and stimulating, faith-based environment.
Extended Day Program
Before and After-School Care
The Extended Day Program is available to students enrolled in Holy Spirit School from 7:00 AM until 6:00 PM each day. Extended Day services are not available on days when school is not in session.
There is a $25 registration fee per family. The Extended Day fee for one child who requires afternoon supervision is $180 per month. Two children will be charged $245 per month, and the fee for three or more children will be $300. Lunch bunch for PreK4 students is $180 per month for one child and $245 per month for 2 children.
Students who need only morning care, will be charged $50 per month (one child), $75 per month (two children), and $90 per month (three or more children). Morning care is FREE to those students who pay monthly for after school care. All Extended Day payments are to be made directly to the school at the beginninng of each month or included in your FACTS Management plan.
Click to Open/Download
Athletics & Activities
*If your student is interested in our athletics programs, they must have a
completed physical form on file before trying out for any sport.
Holy Spirit Catholic School offers the following Sports and Activites:
Soccer: November-February, boys and girls, grades 5-8, tryouts required
Softball: March-May, grades 5-8, separate teams for boys and girls, tryouts required
Basketball: August-October, grades 5-8, boys team and girls’ team, tryouts required
Cheerleading: August-October, grades 5-8, tryouts required
Volleyball: November-January, girls grades 5-8, tryouts required
Rosary Club: All year, Tuesday mornings at 7:30 AM in the Church, grades K-8th, permission slip required
Drama Club: All year, grades 4-8 – permission slip required
School Choir: All year, grades 3-8, practice Thursday mornings before Mass, permission slip required
Tree Huggers: All year, grades 3-8 – permission slip required
Run/Walk Club: Friday afternoons for students grades 4-8; must have a signed permission slip
Brain Brawl: For National Jr. Honor Society and/or 8th or 7th grade students
Battle of the Books: An intra-diocese competition for middle school students; tryouts required
Band: Grades 3-8, sign up in the fall of each school year. Thursdays after school (Additional cost)
Youth Group: An active middle school group involved in service projects and Catholic fellowship, contact Virginia Kell at 641-7244 at Holy Spirit Church. Meetings are Sundays in cafeteria at 3:30-6 PM
Student Government: elected student leadership, grades 4-8