NSB New London Community

NSB New London
Contractor Access Requirements

Contractor Access Requirements

NSB New London Newcomers Information Contractor Access Requirements


Short-term (One-day) Access — A military or DOD civilian sponsor who is affiliated with the SUBASE must submit a written email request to the Pass and ID Office, Building 500. Contractor requests must include point of contact to include date of visit, location and justification for access. Contractor information that must be accompanied with request:

  • Full name.
  • Date of birth.
  • Place of birth (city, state).
  • Social Security number (full), sent encrypted via email.
  • Company.
  • Proof of Rapid Gate enrollment.

Provide this information five working days in advance of the contractor’s or subcontractor’s arrival. Last-minute or day-prior arrivals are considered Priority 6 and can anticipate long wait times 30 minutes to three hours to conduct background checks.

Long-term Access — The contractor is required to enroll into Rapid Gates and get on the 90-day tracker database to obtain a 28-day temporary pass until EID Passport clears background investigations for NCACS.

NCACS — In May 2011, SUBASE implemented a new access system for vendors and contractors. The Navy’s Commercial Access Control System (NCACS) is a high-tech identification card scanning system for base access. All vendors and contractors are highly encouraged to register for the NCACS credential to expedite their passage through the gates for access to the base. For questions on how to register on Rapid Gates, call 877-727-4342.

Commercial Deliveries and Contractor Vehicles — At the commercial gate, drivers must have in their possession specific written authorization (i.e., work order, bill of lading) or a base badge or pass to show the gate sentry. All drivers are subject to submit to a vehicle inspection. The Commercial Gate 7 hours of operation are 5:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hour deliveries will be directed to use the main gate entrance.

Frequently asked questions:

Can I bring a rental car on the base?

A vehicle may enter with a rental agreement along with a Common Access Card (CAC); no pass is necessary.

What type of identification card must be shown to the gate sentry in order to access the SUBASE?

  • Active duty.
  • Reservist.
  • Retired military.
  • Military dependent.
  • DOD or CAC credential.
  • SUBASE ID card with temporary pass.
  • Rapid Gate credential.

What paperwork should one produce to register their vehicle?

  • Valid vehicle registration.
  • Valid insurance car.
  • Valid driver’s license.
  • Valid Rapid Gate enrollment.

I’m active duty and my mom and dad are visiting the SUBASE. What do I need to bring them on board?

Military ID or CAC card. You have the privilege to escort your parents on this installation.


Recent Posts


April 24, 2020


April 22, 2020


April 20, 2020
Related Posts
21 of the Best Restaurants in MCB Quantico, VA21 of the Best Restaurants in MCB Quantico, VA
Introduction Whenever you move to a new place, one of the first questions you have tends to be…
The Best Buckley AFB Schools: Daycare - High SchoolThe Best Buckley AFB Schools: Daycare - High School
Introduction So you’ve just been assigned to Buckley Air Force Base. There’s a ton of things for you…
National Guard Birthday: Celebrating Those Always Ready, Always ThereNational Guard Birthday: Celebrating Those Always Ready, Always There
Introduction The US National Guard is an essential and storied branch of the United States military apparatus. Many…