NSB New LondonCommunity
- Arrange for shipment and storage of household goods through Personal Property Office.
- Obtain name and phone number of sponsor from gaining command.Provide change-of-address to U.S. Postal Service.
- Provide landlord at least 30 days advance notice of move.
- Arrange to have utilities and services disconnected.
- Water Gas
- Arrange temporary lodging at destination.
- Contact Bachelor Housing or Family Housing, as appropriate, at destination to begin search for permanent housing at destination.
- Contact potential school districts.
- Place children on Central Enrollment Waiting List for on-base child care, as appropriate.
- Browse helpful relocation websites.
- Hand carry important paperwork:
- Military (reporting orders, endorsements, official records, etc.).
- Civilian (medical records, children’s immunizations, passports, birth certificates, etc.).
- Document travel expenses.
- Sign in with gaining command.
- Report to Personnel Support Activity Detachment on first duty day to in-process, establish basic allowance for housing (BAH) at new duty station and complete travel voucher.
- Report to Bachelor Housing Office or Family Housing Welcome Center, as appropriate, to apply for or obtain information on permanent housing.
- Contact Personal Property Office to arrange delivery and storage of household goods.
- Visit Fleet and Family Support Center for “Welcome Aboard” packet and information.
- Register vehicle(s) within 30 days of arrival on base.
- Contact local department of vehicles for license and registration, as appropriate. Provide U.S. Postal Service with new address.
- Enroll children in school.
- Enroll children in on-base child care programs.
- Arrange utility and service connections, as appropriate. (Bring receipts from previous utility companies to reduce ddeposit costs.)
- Establish local banking services, if desired.
- Make appropriate changes to home and auto insurance.