TRICARE Reserve Select (Medical)
TRICARE Reserve Select
- A premium-based plan
- Available worldwide
- For qualified Selected Reserve members and their families
If purchased, TRICARE Reserve Select meets or exceeds the requirements for minimum essential coverage.
The Affordable Care Act requires you to maintain basic health care coverage—called minimum essential coverage.
If you don’t have minimum essential coverage, you may have to pay a fee for each month you aren’t covered under the Affordable Care Act.
TRICARE Reserve Select is a great option for you and your family if you are:
- a member of the Selected Reserves
- not on active duty orders or covered by the Transitional Assistance Management Program, and
- not eligible for or enrolled in the FEHB.
The plan provides comprehensive health care coverage when you’re not activated and covered by active duty TRICARE benefits and because you can see any provider, you don’t have to change providers if you already have one.
TRICARE Reserve Select Monthly Premiums
TRICARE Reserve Select premium rates are established annually on a calendar year basis.
2015 Premiums(Through December 31, 2015)
- Member Only: $50.75 per month
- Member Family: $205.62 per month
2016 Premiums(Starting January 1, 2016)
- Member Only: $47.90 per month
- Member Family: $210.83 per month
When Coverage Begins
You may purchase coverage to begin in any month of the year.
- Your Reserve Component Health Coverage Request Form must be postmarked or received no later than the last day of the month before coverage is to begin.
- Coverage begins on the first day of the first or second month after you submit the form, whichever you select on the form.
Application deadlines and effective dates of coverage will vary if you have changes in family composition such as marriage, birth/adoption or a sponsor’s death.
North Region Website
South Region Website
West Region Website