P3 Community

Warrior Citizen (Selected Reserve)

Warrior Citizen (Selected Reserve)



Ready to continue your Army career in the Army Reserve? Then transfer to a troop program unit (TPU).  TPU Soldiers are the heart and soul of the Army Reserve. Being part of a TPU in the Army Reserve is more like a part-time job that enables Soldiers to keep their civilian careers while they continue to train near home and serve their country. Many professionals as well as college students are Soldiers in the Army Reserve.

Transfers to the TPU

Individual Ready Reserve Soldiers

To enable you to transfer to a TPU, your gaining unit must submit a DA Form 4651-R or 4187 to your reserve center’s Army Reserve Career Counselor.  HRC-Fort Knox maintains a partial list of select unit vacancies. For additional vacancies please contact your Army Reserve Career Counselor.

Active Army Soldiers

Continue your military career upon separation from active duty by participating in the Army Reserve as a member of a TPU and build upon the training and experience you have gained on Active Duty, while earning pay and benefits and working towards a Reserve retirement at age 60.

As part of your pre-separation counseling and out-processing, you will be briefed on your Reserve obligations or options, as well as the benefits of joining the Army Reserve, by your local Army Reserve Career Counselor/In-Service Recruiter. They will inform you of the many opportunities available within the Army Reserve.

It is not difficult to arrange for a transfer to a Reserve unit near your home of record prior to your separation from active duty. Your local Army Reserve Career Counselor or Reserve Component Career Counselor can assist you in joining an Army Reserve unit of your choice and location.

They can help arrange for a unit position in advance of your separation from active duty in order to preclude any break in service. Orders may be processed in advance through the retention and transition system assigning you to a Reserve position in a unit prior to your separation from active duty. Also, your local transition point can help facilitate this transition.

For more information, contact your nearest Army Reserve Career Counselor.

Army Reserve Careers Division

5015 North 34th Street, Building 900
Gillem Enclave, GA 30297-5245

1st Battalion

(ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA)


DSN: 314.475.8862

2nd Battalion – (PA, NJ, DE)

1.800.400.2650 ext 8279

3rd Battalion – (DC, MD, VA, WV)

(757) 962.4305  Ext 1264

4th  Battalion  – (KY, TN, NC, SC)

(803) 751.1816
(803) 467.3059 

5th Battalion – (FL, PR)

407.240.5939 x 2366

6th Battalion – (GA, AL, MS, LA)


7th Battalion – (AK, HI, WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, GU, AS, MP, AP)

425.398.4202 Fax 

8th Battalion – (ND, SD, NE, MN, IA, WI)


9th Battalion – (AR, IL, KS, MO)

866.639.5970 ext 2580
636.926.3212 ext 2580

10 Battalion – (MI, IN, OH)


11th  Battalion – (CA, NV)


12th Battalion – (TX)


13th Battalion (AZ, CO, UT, NM, OK)


Recent Posts

81st RSC

April 24, 2020

63rd RSC

April 22, 2020


April 14, 2020
Related Posts
Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, A Day That Will Live in InfamyPearl Harbor Remembrance Day, A Day That Will Live in Infamy
Introduction Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day is honored each year on Dec. 7. It’s the day when the Empire…
Vandenberg AFB Weather: What To Expect When Moving HereVandenberg AFB Weather: What To Expect When Moving Here
Introduction Welcome to beautiful Santa Barbara County, California. As far as weather goes at Vandenberg AFB, you aren’t…
Peterson AFB Housing: On Base OptionsPeterson AFB Housing: On Base Options
Introduction So you’ve been assigned orders to a new base, and now you’re looking for a place to…