The Board of Dental Examiners of Alabama website, www.dentalboard.org, is a good place to start in finding a dentist. Select the “Public” pulldown tab from the home page and select an option under “Current Rosters” to find or verify a dentist or hygienist. You can also seek referrals from people you know who’ve had dental care in the area.
Consider the following to find the best dentist for your needs.
- Are the dentist’s office hours convenient for your schedule?
- Is the dental office close to your home or office?
- How are dental emergencies handled?
- Does the office appear to be clean and well organized?
- Is the staff helpful and friendly?
- What are the dental office’s financial policies and how is insurance handled?
The Oral Health Office of Alabama Public Health can give you tips for oral health and low-cost dental care. Visit its website at www.alabamapublichealth.gov/oralhealth.