The dog park, situated near Mitchell Road and Falcons Court East, will provide an on-base off-the-leash recreation area for dogs to exercise and train. The new 950-foot dog park will feature two different fenced-off recreation areas, one for small dogs less than 40 pounds and another larger area for dogs more than 40 pounds. Additional features and amenities include multiple entrances for pedestrians and maintenance, transitions areas for de-leashing, concrete pathways leading to the entrances, adequate recreation turf, large open-grass areas, obstacle and training stations, Mutt-Mitt stations with waste cans and bag dispensers, shade structures with benches, dedicated parking area and dog drinking fountains.
Dog Park Rules
- Dogs and owner must enter at own risk.
- Open year-round from dawn to dusk.
- All dogs must be healthy and have up-to-date vaccinations prior to entering the park. Dogs must wear a collar displaying their current rabies and applicable license tags.
- Puppies must be at least six months old and fully vaccinated.
- Dogs with a history of aggressive behavior are prohibited.
- If a dog shows signs of aggression towards people or other dogs it must be removed immediately from the park.
- Female dogs in heat may not enter the park.
- Owners must clean up any droppings made by their pets. Bag all droppings before depositing them in provided receptacles.
- No human or dog food permitted inside the park. Small dog treats are permitted.
- No unsupervised children under 13 are allowed in the park.
- Dog owners must remain in the park and keep their dog in view at all times. No dog may go unattended.
- Dogs are not allowed to dig. Owners must fill in any holes made by their pet.
- Owners are responsible for the behavior of their animals.